Marco!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco!

“One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Re: Marco!

Wikipedia

Comment

Well, I was going for the usual Polo. But I'll take a wikipedia.
      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I figured as much, but I'm anything but "usual" and nobody spoils a joke better than me. :mdr:

Comment

By the way, I'm "active" (if you want to call it that during the winter slowdown) on three different camping forums and I don't think there's been more than 2 dozen posts among all three in over a month. Typical.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
            By the way, I'm "active" (if you want to call it that during the winter slowdown) on three different camping forums and I don't think there's been more than 2 dozen posts among all three in over a month. Typical.
            Wow, the hammock forum I'm on has at least 40 new posts a day. Every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
              Wow, the hammock forum I'm on has at least 40 new posts a day. Every day.
              Interesting - I would have thought Hangers would be even more idle in the cold season.

Comment

Just depends on whether they have other things to occupy them or not I suppose.

Comment

I just wonder where some of our former regulars are. I sent PMs to a couple of people and went and liked a few old posts, hoping they'd get emails telling them someone liked their posts so they'd come back to see what's what. It just seems that some sites are hard to grow.

Comment

I'm here. I was supposed to be camping this past weekend...but heavy predicted rain and wind for Saturday caused me to cancel out mid week (good thing...the predictions were correct: we received over 2 inches of rain and wind gusts close to 60mph on Saturday. It was miserable here for outdoor activities.) I so badly want to get out...I just don't feel like hanging out in cold rain. I'm on the "next available weekend" plan. We'll see....

Just not a whole lot going on camping-wise personally lately and this site really hasn't had much activity the past 6 months or so (which is somewhat normal because of the season...but it really seems quieter than normal this past season).
                    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
                    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

I'm still here too!
                      ...'though with the high avalanche danger in the mountains I don't expect to go camping soon...

Enjoy!
                      2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                      For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                      Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                      Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

I know I'm not much of a regular but I do enjoy this site. I tell my wife how inactive it is and she thinks forums in general are going away. I know most of her interests have gone from forums to Facebook which I'm not a fan of.

We only camp once, maybe twice a year but I love it. Living in Oklahoma, it's too hot for us to camp in the Summer so we'll head to the Rockies for a few days. Just ordered a Kodiak spring bow so maybe the family will love it so much we go more often.

Looking forward to increased activity soon.

Comment

I’m still here. We are hoping the weather gets better so we can get out. We checked out a couple of places over the weekend. They were closed for camping but the gates were open. We did go eagle watching and and thought about getting a hike in. With the 40 mph winds there were branches falling and it didn’t feel safe. We did get up to Kissing Falls, it is close to the parking lot so not really a hike. We only saw 5 Eagles this trip. Eagles in Northern Indiana is a big deal. We never thought we would see Bald Eagles in our area. They will be moving north for the summer soon.

We purchased a minivan and we are setting it up so we can sleep in it hoping to extend our season.
                          Our weather seems to be great in the middle of the week and raining and windy on the weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	715FE892-BC59-4B7B-8F7C-28CC8BC928EF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	71127

Comment

Well, at this moment, we are laying in our cabover bed listening to the occasional geese and a bit of wind. Been mostly sunny with a cold breeze since we got here. A bit of rain this evening and a strong wind coming in over the lake. But we've got the entire loop to ourselves. The dogs are able to enjoy a bit more freedom due to the lack of campers. Bat-dog is seriously thinking she should catch a vulture... they've been coming in closer than usual this trip.

Had a bald eagle hanging out nearby yesterday. And the coyotes have been singing every evening.

So far a great camping trip.

Comment

Im here. Just busy not camping.

Plus, every time I post I miss my dog. I might have to change the picture.
                              “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                              – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
                              X