I fixed my truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fixed my truck

A few years ago I bought a '99 F150 with 4WD for about $2k. I got it cheep because, while it ran fine the check engine light was on, the AC didn't work and there was a dent in the side of the bed. I replaced the AC compressor and found that there was an electrical problem. I finally got around to really troubleshooting it and what I found was that someone had replaced the engine from a Ford '97 something and used the wiring harness from the donor vehicle. Where it hooked up to the main harness the pins didn't match up. Close enough to run but not quite right. Spent a weekend pulling the correct harness from a junk yard and installing it. Now, for the first time since I bought the truck I have AC. It is glorious. :yipi::party:
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Re: I fixed my truck

Sounds like a winner!
    I normally spend between 3 weeks and 2 years fixing the previous owner "improvements" when I get a, new to me, old vehicle...

Enjoy!
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Re: I fixed my truck

Originally posted by Happy Joe View Post
      Sounds like a winner!
      I normally spend between 3 weeks and 2 years fixing the previous owner "improvements" when I get a, new to me, old vehicle...

Enjoy!
      Yep. I knew it was going to be a project. I am just a little pissed/embarrassed because I misdiagnosed the problem and spent a couple years looking for the wrong harness. That includes actually buying the wrong harness a few times and once from a junk yard in another state where they accidentally shipped me the RIGHT harness. I promptly called to complain and they sent me the wrong one I had asked for and tossed the right one like they told me. :arf:
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
      X