Wcky Restaurants in Your Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wcky Restaurants in Your Area

For those who travel around the world, tasting the different cuisines, camping in new locations, I would like to know about some strange restaurants that you have been to. Tell us what makes this restaurant unique, how it separates itself from the usual diner.

Please state the name of the restaurant, the city and state that is located and your experience there.

If you are trying to understand what exactly makes a unique restaurant, here is something I found on CNN about 10 wacky restaurants in the US! http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/03/travel...html?hpt=tr_c1
    Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Re: Wcky Restaurants in Your Area

mars bar NYC circa 1980's
    dive bar back when they allowed minors to drink as long as they didnt make a scene,
    could have trust fund kids drinking a schlitz next to a mohawk wearing Punk rocker
    ok not a restaurant, not even on my travels,
    but miss that place more so than other gimmicky restaurants and such
    beer is food so guess its relevant

Last edited by terasec; 12-03-2014, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Re: Wcky Restaurants in Your Area

I love the character! Thank you!
      Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Comment

Thanks for sharing the CNN of 10 best wacky restaurants in the U.S!

Comment

The Whoa Nellie Deli in Lee Vining, CA at the corner of Hwys 395 and 120. A bunch of picnic tables outside a Mobil gas station that serves incredible gourmet grub like Lobster Taquitos, Ahi tuna and Bison Meatloaf. There used to be a trapeze in the back. There's even summer concerts in the parking lot,

If you're tooling down Hwy99, then Abe's Good Dog in Calwa, CA located inside the Continental Wrecking Yard. Clientele is mostly employees from neighboring automobile wrecking yards and the specialty is the French Dip sandwich.

The Sea Breeze Market & Deli at the 580 and University Ave, by Berkeley Marina is just a few old shipping containers on the side of the road and is a favorite lunch dive for County employees yet is serves perhaps the best fried Calamari sandwich on the West Coast.

Comment

Working...
          X