I'm in North Carolina for a few days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in North Carolina for a few days

My wife got an award at her job and the flew us both out to Burlington NC to give it to her. We got here on Tuesday, just missing an ice storm and I must say it is beautiful here.

I love Arizona but it is a very brown state. Since water is an issue most people have desert landscaping in their yards and trees arent that common until you get up north. Here they are everywhere and even though its winter and all the leaves are gone it is still a beautiful site to this desert dweller.
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Re: I'm in North Carolina for a few days

Putting a new meaning to major award!
    I hope you two enjoy the east coast's beauty; sounds like you got a good start.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
      Putting a new meaning to major award!
      I hope you two enjoy the east coast's beauty; sounds like you got a good start.
      Very good start. LabCorp paid for a rental car and Enterprise gave us a free upgrade to a brand new Dodge Challenger. The other award winners are jealous.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

I built the LabCorp here in Denver.
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
          My wife got an award at her job and the flew us both out to Burlington NC to give it to her. We got here on Tuesday, just missing an ice storm and I must say it is beautiful here.

I love Arizona but it is a very brown state. Since water is an issue most people have desert landscaping in their yards and trees arent that common until you get up north. Here they are everywhere and even though its winter and all the leaves are gone it is still a beautiful site to this desert dweller.
          Congrats!

I am pumped because the snow is melting here in MN. The four foot deep snow on to my deck is down to two feet.

Comment

there are a few good camp grounds here 2

Comment

Working...
            X