• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheres the ground?

2 feet down and still havent reached bottom,
    need to invest in igloo camping gear

Re: wheres the ground?

Love it! Wish we could get that kind of snow here
    Last edited by MacGyver; 02-28-2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

We still have about a month of winter left.arch is our snowiest month. Nut we have had a week in Jan and Feb where the temps where in the 60's. So you can't complain.
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Wow, I have never seen snow that deep in my life.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
          Wow, I have never seen snow that deep in my life.
          There are drifts in my backyard that are easily 6'. The snow on my deck is at least 4'. March typically provides us a snowstorm or two that drops a foot or two or three............

Comment

I love watching huge snowfalls coming down, but I think I'm destined not to get the kind of snow I like to see. Earlier in the month, and for the first time in a long time, there was pretty decent storm that dropped over 2 feet of snow about 40 miles north of here. We got maybe a foot. Several years back, I went out to South Dakota to see a friend of mine, also with the hope that I'd see the kind of the snow that gmann just mentioned. South Dakota had about 8 inches. Maryland had a major 3 day storm that piled up over 3 feet with drifts that had people climbing out of windows to dig their way out of their houses. I couldn't get back home to see it coming down because all the airports were closed. So, if any of you want to keep deep snow from falling in your area, invite me to stay with you for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
              I love watching huge snowfalls coming down, but I think I'm destined not to get the kind of snow I like to see. Earlier in the month, and for the first time in a long time, there was pretty decent storm that dropped over 2 feet of snow about 40 miles north of here. We got maybe a foot. Several years back, I went out to South Dakota to see a friend of mine, also with the hope that I'd see the kind of the snow that gmann just mentioned. South Dakota had about 8 inches. Maryland had a major 3 day storm that piled up over 3 feet with drifts that had people climbing out of windows to dig their way out of their houses. I couldn't get back home to see it coming down because all the airports were closed. So, if any of you want to keep deep snow from falling in your area, invite me to stay with you for a while.
              One thing I enjoy about MN is that we get to enjoy all four seasons in their extremes. Where I live we just set a record today that has stood since the 1880's. Today was the 65th day this season that the temp has been below zero. I will take the snow over the artic air any day of the week.

Comment

Awwww what a sweetie he is!
                Yes it's been a longer and colder winter than I've seen in the last 2 or 3 years. Hoping it makes me appreciate the warmer months that much more.
                2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
                X