X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camping to get away from the crowds

excuse me, is this spot taken?

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/camping...063-slideshow/
    Last edited by terasec; 09-18-2013, 07:29 AM.

Re: camping to get away from the crowds

Wow, that looks like so much...fun?
    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Terasec,
      Can you please give us some info on this scene? What is the attraction that would make this a good idea?

I have a lot of privacy at home. Nat For campgrounds have too many people except in the off-season.

Comment

Originally posted by ppine View Post
        Terasec,
        Can you please give us some info on this scene? What is the attraction that would make this a good idea?

I have a lot of privacy at home. Nat For campgrounds have too many people except in the off-season.
        from the article
        The 2013 International I Camping Festival opened on Mount Wugongshan in Jiangxi province on Sep. 14. The event attracted more than 15,000 campers from all over the world. (Reuters)

Comment

This is not unlike camping in most of the rest of the world, except maybe this example is even better than camping in most of the rest of the world.

Based on what I have seen, in Germany, Japan, Korea, most of Europe, and most of China camping means putting your tent in an open lot or even parking lot stacked tent-to-tent with other campers. I don't understand it myself, why in the world anybody would leave the comforts of their homes to be jam-packed into a Hooverville-like tent village on an empty lot.... but they do! This is how it is done in other parts of the world. Maybe they are just more social than we are? ACHTUN!

JAPAN

GERMANY

Comment

hogsnapper asked the same question i'm about to.

what about porta potties? this looks like quite a crew and quite a lot of human waste

Comment

Originally posted by dave wyath View Post
              hogsnapper asked the same question i'm about to.

what about porta potties? this looks like quite a crew and quite a lot of human waste
              Knowing the Chinese, inside one of the big tents are latreens cut into the earth. No Sh... uh, no kidding.

Comment

I think that compared to where people in Japan/China actually live, these campgrounds are a luxury vacation in regards to the amount of space between tents...

Comment

I really tend to seek out exclusion when I go camping! This would be a nightmare for me

Comment

Working...
                  X