Fishing Story, American Bald Eagle on the HUNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Story, American Bald Eagle on the HUNT

We all seen picture of the Eagle fishing but how many really seen it happen in the wild?

I went fishing on the Richard B Russel Lake and as I was watching a small fish just double the size of my bait I seen an eagle flying over head. Then my bobble started to bounce, and moments later I heard a big splash. I looked over in the direction of the splash just in time to see the Eagle fly out of the water with a Large fish in it grips. Love to have taken a photo of this but I did not go thinking I would see such a thing, nor would I ha time to grab the camera if I did carry it along. This took place within 30 yards from where I was fishing...

And No I did not catch anything but seeing that the trip was worth all I spent

Re: Fishing Story, American Bald Eagle on the HUNT

Where my secret spot is, I have seen it. It was a couple of years ago, and it circled the lake and dropped down and grabbed a fish. Pretty good sized fish to. It wasn't up close like yours, though.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

A bunch of years back, I was fishing with a friend on the Potomac river near the mouth of the Monocacy when I saw an eagle dive down and snag a fish bigger than anything I'd ever caught. As it was happening, I was so dumbstruck, I couldn't even get out enough words to get my friend's attention.

Comment

i have seen that in california, the bald eagle was like 20 yards away from our boat and had come to swoop in and caught a fish and it look to be a good 3 feet tall and took a few pictures too. if i find them will upload them

Comment

Working...
        X