Are You Tougher Than A Boy Scout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Tougher Than A Boy Scout

New showing coming to the Nat Geo Channel this Monday, March, 4th.

I just caught a blurb about it on the radio and looked up the website. Looks to be heavily Boy Scout branded. Every piece of equipment seems to display their fleur de lie. Watched one trailer. Looks like they are going for the tough guy/military look. I'm sure it will be full of embellished drama. If I had cable I'd probably check it out, might be online somewhere I suppose after the premier.

Offical site?
    http://toughscout.com/

Boy Scout Press Release:
    http://www.scouting.org/Media/PressR...3/2130226.aspx
    Last edited by timd; 03-01-2013, 06:43 AM. Reason: Typo

Re: Are You Tougher Than A Boy Scout

The Boy Scouts are in the news a lot these days due to the controversy about allowing gays into the organization. Frankly, I don't think sex or sexual orientation is something that needed to be made an issue for the scouts and the gay rights activists should be ashamed of using the scouts as pawns for their political agenda.

That said, Boy Scouts does teach many youths valuable woodcraft and survival techniques as well as provide them with an introduction to a great variety of other hobbies, safety concerns, and career possibilities.

Boy Scouts does push some young fellows to do things they may have never believed they could do or accomplish. I meet many young men who are better, stronger, and more confident due to challenges they experienced in Scouting. In addition to long hikes, stormy camping, and punky fires, some special activities like Order of the Arrow and challenge activities and Philmont push boys to do more than their own perceived limits. Many of these challenges would be too much for adults who have never been pushed that far in their own lives.

Comment

is this boy scouts or the military? boot camp? idk u tell me

Comment

Depends on the Scout, but who cares?

Comment

Working...
        X