The Difference between Photobucket & Dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Difference between Photobucket & Dropbox

Many individuals have asked what is another way of uploading or attaching a picture to CampingForums for the least amount of trouble, time & cash out of pocket. Well basically there is one photo-sharing site I recommend and that is www.photobucket.com . Recently this subject was again raised and www.dropbox was suggested. So lets take a look.

Dropbox & Photobucket both have free accounts and have a total size limit attached to each free account:

Dropbox allows 2 GB worth of images to be uploaded for free.

Photobucket allows 2.1 GB worth of images to be uploaded for free.

Concerning trouble & time they are both the same in ease of use & dropbox is a little faster in the uploading process. So it doesn't matter which is better they are about the same. However if anyone has recently purchased a newer model dslr that holds much more megabytes per image(12-36mp p/image) than the older models that held 5mp per image. Consuming space in terms of GB quickly adds up. Here's how Photobucket & Dropbox adds up to offer the consumer other pricing plans for more total GB:

Dropbox
    • 2 GB Free
    • 100 GB $9.99 p/month
    • 200 GB 19.99 p/month

Photobucket

• 2.1 GB Free
    • 20 GB $29.99 p/yr
    • 50 GB $49.99 p/yr
    • 100 GB $89.99 p/yr
    • 200 GB $169.99 p/yr
    • 500 GB $399.99 p/yr

With Dropbox 100 GB at $9.99 p/month = $119.88
    With Photobucket 100 GB = $89.99

Etc. Etc. Etc.

It's your choice but Photobucket's is clearly the cheapest(least expensive) than Dropbox. That's why I recommend Photobucket. The photosharing site called Flickr only allows one to paste a link and not the image it's self. Most guests & Campateers to CF never take the time to click on a picture link, takes up valuable time for the link to connect(usually 3-5 seconds. Whereas most would just rather see the image instead. This fact is known through the SEO search engine optimization (SEO) factors belonging to CampingForums. I just thought these two photosharing sites needed to compared.

Attaching an image through either site is easy, it's just copy the images url or img link and paste that link into your post or thread. Just be sure to preview your message to ensure that you have done the drill of copy & paste correctly. The only way it could ever be hard for someone is if that someone has never figured out how to use a blanket.

The largest image size allowed by CampingForums is 1028mp on the longest side. However if the image doesn't have good resolution one can sneak 2048mp in sometimes. Just depends on the image.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: The Difference between Photobucket & Dropbox

another factor is cell phone access,
    Photobucket has an app that allows you to upload directly from your cell phone,
    either all pics automatically as you take them, or incorporated in your send feature on your cell phone, like send to: Email, text or photobucket.
    find it very convenient 1 less upload step i have to take.
    i use that feature alot.
    i never used dropbox so dont know what cell phone features it has

Comment

To upload any kind of file including PDFs here is how it's done.

http://www.campingforums.com/forum/s...FILE-to-a-Post

The above link is from the F.A.Q. along the tab line near the top of CampingForums Board and the same thread can also be found in the F.A.Q sub-forum towards the bottom of main CF Board, right above the sub-forum "Feedback."

The smartphone cell phone upload to either Dropbox or Photobucket is identical.

One can also share a file through Screen Shot from one's own keyboard without problems also.
      Last edited by renodesertfox; 03-15-2013, 08:46 AM.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hey Guys well i think that every one passes brilliant info about the difference between Photobucket & dropbox.Thanks!!

Double Ended Load Cells
        Last edited by markspend01; 08-20-2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Good info. I have an old PB account but never use it. I find "tinypic.com' to be far easier and more user-friendly, with no limitation on size I can see. I just checked the 'fineprint' on my home page there, and it says it's a "PhotoBucket company", so I guess it's been acquired by PB. I use it for all my forum pic applications. Very easy to make your own albums to separate the different categories of pics, and easy to select the URL to copy then simply paste onto the forum post you are making. It can get a little cranky if your pic is huge, so keeping the size to an easy-to-view on one page size is best.
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
          X