Grownin Old Ain't Fer Sissys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grownin Old Ain't Fer Sissys!

This coming Monday, 3-18-13, from 9 PM to 6 AM this dysfunctional moderator enters the hospital again for the Sleep Lab! Apparently, to my amazement & I often wondered why I couldn't sleep during the wee hours; has been going on for at least a year or more. I have Sleep Apnea and will be studied!

As a recap: Neck Fusion '04;Back Fusion '09; Lt Knee Replaced '13.

Growin Old Ain't Fer Sissys!

If you're gettin on in years and wanna share please do! If not then move along and let someone that wants to read this, read this! Thanks fer lookin!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Grownin Old Ain't Fer Sissys!

good luck,
    as a hard sleeper, who has no problem sleeping through the night,
    good luck waking me up,
    couldnt imagine not being able to get full nights sleep.
    wish you the best

Comment

Thanks terasec, greatly appreciated!!

Before this started happening I too was a hard sleeper. There are a number of factors that landed me with this problem: never had tonsils taken out; have a very small lower jaw(my pops was 6'5" & my mother was 5'1"-got my dad's big teeth & my mother's small jaw); being a smoker; worked in mines & tunnels; worked in bad air environments; born with a very small windpipe. So there ya have it, I'm dysfunctional but tent camping helps! :cool:

Comment

Tent camping helps everything!! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
          ...I often wondered why I couldn't sleep during the wee hours; has been going on for at least a year or more. I have Sleep Apnea and will be studied!...Growin Old Ain't Fer Sissys!!
          I was wondering what that bump in the stock price was - now I know!
          “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
          ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Thank you all for the well wishes!!!
            Last edited by renodesertfox; 03-16-2013, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Reno, will you be needing a C-Pap machine? That's a real drag on camping. Also introduces noise into the camping environment. I ended up with one too - one reason I haven't been camping as much as I would like. But I don't use it every night. I have seen ads for smaller O2 Condensers - still have to research it. The regular C-Pap I have is a huge piece of gear to tote camping! And having to plug that sucker in...... :-(
              When they diagnosed me back in April last year, I learned I have Sleep Apnea, and am borderline Type Two Diabetic! Added to the blood thinner I am on, it makes for some annoying dietary restrictions too. If I ever get Celiac Disease, I'll really be hosed!
              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Thanks Dawg! Yeah I don't know yet but looks like the C-pap machine is in the works. They witch doctors say I have both sleep and conscious apnea. Testing is tomorrow. So we'll see! Lance, you have always been one of my best buds on CF, sure makes my day to see ya chime in! Sure hope you don't get hosed?

Comment

I'm still plugging along. Hoping to do a local campout here soon. I long prided myself on having no serious illnesses, and no prescription meds - now I am on three! But I am feeling better than I have in several years, losing weight and getting back into better shape.
                  Just turned 56 on the 11th of March - I am still the 'young pup' among the group of friends I hang with - they are in their sixties! ;-)

Comment

I did a sleep test because when I was in hospital for my mild heart attack my oxygen levels fell.
                    In the hospital I had to stay on back.... I never sleep on my back at home and therefore have little problems with this. Yes, if I am exhausted I might snore some but not often.
                    The second part was that I sleep from mid-night to 0430 and am completely rested.
                    I am good to go for the day.....
                    so I hope your sleep test goes well.

You are right "Grownin Old Ain't Fer Sissys!" and the Golden Years mean you give doctors all your gold..... Just sayin'
                    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
                    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
                    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

JP, tis good to read you again! Thanks for the feedback! "Golden years" that's a good one! Yes, I hate sleepin on my back, hate it...it's either side or belly sleeper, but when I wake-up I always find myself on my back. 4 1/2 hours of sleep, reckon that's what I'm lookin forward to, but I'd rather at least 6 solid hrs, then one here and there, as I'm doin now. My wife timed me last night and said I normally take 2 deep breaths, a short one, then nothing for over a minute. Thanks for the good wishes! Sure wish you'd get back on here like the good ole days! Still using your trailer?

Comment

Last night was not a good one - I sacked out late - about ten PM. I usually get in the bed by ninish. I get up at 5AM. I sleep on my side too, cannot sleep on my back. I was awake every hour or so, to get up and hit the john. On a good night, I'll go three to four hours. A great night, a real rarity, is five to six hurs before having to get up. I'll likely rack out early tonight.
                        I actually tend to sleep better when camping than at home - less neighborhood noise, and the air matress is so comfy! Better than my old bed at home.

Comment

Thanks Dawg!

Yep, I'm an excellent candidate for a C-Pap machine! The one I use for 3 hrs last night barely made any noise and I had my best REM(restful) sleep in a coon's age! 7-10 days I'll find out what they wanna do! If I were a horse they shoot me!LOL! Thanks all for the well wishes!

Comment

RDF, I give you credit for persisting in your efforts to live a full camping life, in spite of your various surgeries. A lot of people wouldn't bother camping with all that going on. Of course, campers get so much pleasure from it.....I'm sorry for people who have never had the opportunity to discover how great it is to .....be out doors and enjoy all it has to offer.

Kudos to you!

Comment

Not to worry about the device, they're made up the road from me and I have inside connections anyway. They've made so many generations of upgrades, miniaturization and noise reduction that BigDog is likely referring to older versions. The carry bags alone (I've got several of the old ones) show over time how the overall size has changed in bulk. Amperhour draw would probably mean at least a few nights off a Group 24 battery, and for those with deep pockets I've seen much smaller lighter lithium battery packs online.
                              “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                              ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
                              X