Using Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Filters

I have to do a project for school about water filters used while site camping but I don't know much about filters in general, let alone the size needed for camping. I was wondering if anyone out there who has used water filters while camping could answer a few questions for me.

1. Have you personally used a filter while camping?
    2. What do you typically use water for during a camping trip?
    3. Usually how far do you transport water containers during camping?
    4. How many people, on average, are do you go camping with (including yourself)?
    5. What aspects of a portable water filter are most important to you?
    6. Do you know how often a filter needs to be changed?

Re: Using Filters

We (Wife and I) use a mini water straw when backpacking http://www.shtfandgo.com/h2o/h2o-10. When we camp at a campground or with a larger group we use canister type water filters like this http://www.shtfandgo.com/h2o/h2o-30. We even filter the water from the campground water supply just to be sure of purity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgelove View Post
      I have to do a project for school about water filters used while site camping but I don't know much about filters in general, let alone the size needed for camping. I was wondering if anyone out there who has used water filters while camping could answer a few questions for me.

1. Have you personally used a filter while camping?
      yes
      2. What do you typically use water for during a camping trip?
      drinking and cooking
      3. Usually how far do you transport water containers during camping?
      not far, other than whats in water bottles, water source is usually 100 yds or closer
      4. How many people, on average, are do you go camping with (including yourself)?
      1-3
      5. What aspects of a portable water filter are most important to you?
      filter size, smaller the better, 1 micron or less for swamp water
      6. Do you know how often a filter needs to be changed?
      mine is 15 years old and has a life span of 1000 gallons, modern filters have million gallon life spans

Comment

i have been camping for around 10 years now during which i have had a chance to try out different ]portable water filters[/B] i rarely suffer from water related diseases. i love the small size of the filter, the lower the microns the better, mostly we camp in groups of 4, we camp in areas where there is alot of rivers hence carrying water is not necessary. this is one of the filters av used.

Comment

Working...
        X