Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS Feed Questions

Howdy,
    The more I use this contraption called a computer the more lost I seem to become. What is a RSS Feed? Layman's terms, please. How could it help me?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

RSS is basically a ticker. Similar to the way a stock market ticker works...constantly updating data. RSS updates articles in this same fashion.

You subscribe to a feed it will update your reader without you doing anything.

Most RSS feeds are without images. Therefore the data loads faster. They also have the ability to filter in or out only the data you are interested in.
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Comment

Brent,

for somebody like me, who follows about 20 different sites everyday, I can see them all in my web browser at the same time, using a site like www.bloglines.com. I just copy the Internet address of each site's RSS feed into Bloglines, and I can read all the latest posts over coffee in the morning, instead of going to each site to see if there's anything new.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrib View Post
        Brent,

for somebody like me, who follows about 20 different sites everyday, I can see them all in my web browser at the same time, using a site like www.bloglines.com. I just copy the Internet address of each site's RSS feed into Bloglines, and I can read all the latest posts over coffee in the morning, instead of going to each site to see if there's anything new.
        That's about all of it...works great.
        JohnJohn
        ---------
        Forum Admin

Comment

Working...
        X