Visiting Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting Parents

Just wanted to let you know, I'll be off line for 4-5 days. Visiting my parents, they do not have the internet and I'm not going outta my way to find wifi. Have a safe weekend! I'll be back late 7-10-12. Adios!

I don't have a smart phone, ipaddy, what-ever-it-does-phone either! Don't want one! I have a cell phone and my number isn't listed! Adios!
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 07-04-2012, 09:16 PM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Visiting Parents

Back from visiting my parents in Vegas! Did I go on the strip? Only to cross it at a couple of intersections. Did I gamble? No! I don't like giving away any money! Did I go to the mountains? Yes! Where did I go swimming? My parents backyard pool! Did I go to church? Yep! Went back to my childhood church and saw many faces I have known! Am I back in North Ogden? Yes!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
      Back from visiting my parents in Vegas! Did I go on the strip? Only to cross it at a couple of intersections. Did I gamble? No! I don't like giving away any money! Did I go to the mountains? Yes! Where did I go swimming? My parents backyard pool! Did I go to church? Yep! Went back to my childhood church and saw many faces I have known! Am I back in North Ogden? Yes!!!!!

Glad you had a good time!!!
      My Other Interest

Comment

Thanks Silver, your words are always kind and dear! Thank you for your support! Camping is a great activity and chatting about it gives much comfort! It's great to be back!

Comment

Next week, December 19, 2012, I'm driving down to Vegas to pick up my parents(late eighties) and my 52 year old sister(she has never driven) and drive them back up to Nor'Ogden(Dec. 20th) so they can spend the Christmas Holiday weekend with us. Then on Wednesday, December 26, I'll be driving them back to Vegas. Then I'm going solo tent camping to either Lake Mojave or up to Zion NP for a couple of days(maybe), should be back in the saddle by December 29th! Just wanted you all to know why I'll be gone. Happy Holidays everyone!

Comment

Nothing like being with family anytime of year. My parents are gone and my brother and 3 sisters are scattered all over the county. Happy holidays and good health to all..
            Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

enjoy the holidays with your folks RENO...
              I don't have family nearby (parents are gone, 1 brother back east, the other unknown if even alive)
              we will be finally starting our tent living this next week, and have no idea where we will be for Christmas...
              Hopefully somewhere warm...

Comment

Thank ye both for your participation in these humble threads! I will be here through the Christmas weekend, it's just after that I'm a gonna do a little solo camp. It's been 3 yrs since we have camped at Christmas time, wife can't go this time, she'll be "on call". Love to camp at the end of the year, no one around, everyone convinced their happy in their homes! Me I love the silence of snow & solitude! Cold weather campin at it's best! Just glad I gotta a home to come home to!

Comment

Reno and Hogsnapper.... have a great trip each. Myself, I'm still hoping to hit Carlsbad on the 26th. Should be fairly quiet out there.
                  "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Early tomorrow AM, I'm out to Vegas but hopefully will be back on Thursday Dec 20th. My parents do not have the internet. From what I can tell on the road conditions there are about 200 miles with highway conditions from 25mph to 50 mph with icy blowing snow! Adios fer now, pards!

472 miles one way! Yikes...gonna do a road trip!

Comment

I hope you have a safe trip! That's a long way to go for just a couple of days though.

Comment

Back safe & sound. Gotta few new cases of adult beverages to help the holidays along! Thanks for your thoughts!

Comment

Working...
                        X