Teenagers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenagers

Are there a lot of families out there that camp with teenagers? If so do they enjoy spending time withe the family, or would they rather be exploring the CG with friends?
    I've no house in the city, just a camping tent in the wild.

Re: Teenagers

I don't have teenagers but I do remember being one. I loved walking around with my friends. I know we spent hours doing it and we were never out causing trouble. But I also didn't have a problem with spending time my family. Usually it was a planned event, like dinner, a side trip somewhere, or playing a game of some sort. But just as soon as we finished I was gone again.
    May you always have love to share,
    Health to spare
    And friends that care.

Comment

I have a 16 year old...up until this year, he loved doing things with us, then he discovered girls...and we're not as interesting to him anymore. He's going backpacking with me this weekend...and we're going to talk...a lot...about the girl he been seeing and some of HER post on Facebook. this is going to be fun.
      2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

My 16 year old is moving on. About the same as busere stated, and the same as me at that age. My younger is still into camping for camping reasons. I expect for my 16 year old to spend minimual time at the campsite with us next weekend.
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Just FYI, they do come back around in their late teens after leaving camping at around 16. My 20 year old college student is expressing interest in going camping with me and his two younger brothers (9 & 11). There's just about 2 or 3 years there where they're just not so interested in quality family time -- at least that's the way my older two (boy/girl twins) have been.

I wasn't like that, though; I actually liked doing things with the family throughout my teen years, but I also was a bit of a rebel and spent equal time with just my friends, too. I guess it varies from teen to teen.
          Nights camping in 2012: 2

"Doors marked pull reduce the speed of those who push before they read."
          READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL!

Comment

Camping is not only for freedom, but also for love~~~~haha

Comment

Thanks HogSnapper. As you say, teenagers prefer adventure rather than just sleeping in the campground.

Comment

We told Caleb he could invite his friends, and gave him the rules. You can't leave the campground, and don't get in trouble. We are also letting him start taking his own tent. When we go in 2 weeks we will be taking the atv, etc.

Comment

Teenagers do enjoy more adventurous and challenging activities when camping, but not all have to be thrilling or heart-stopping for the parents...and many can be enjoyed by everyone in the family.

There are many kinds of activities that tenagers would like to participant in while camping, such as building fires, cooking, bicycling, fishing, hiking, guitar playing and so on.

Camping with teenagers can be a great trip. Hope you have a great trip.
                  Last edited by steps; 05-07-2012, 01:02 AM.
                  DO NOT be found in a camping tents while being out. Just walk,run,fly in the hug of nature.:D

Comment

Thing is each group needs to be looked at before a decision is made. 12 or so under 18's knowing they have to behave and respect others is far easier to cope with than 4 "adults" who have a skinful of drink.
                    RV Park Reviews

Comment

give them their freedom while camping and let them bring a friend or two. let them pitch a tent on site (most will hold 2 or 3 tents unless it's a pad only CG) or if old enough, let them have their own site with the friend(s) they bring. use 2 way radios to communicate whereabouts and meal time, but let them be independent. my oldest loved camping and never stopped enjoying going with us, still loves to go now. my youngest can't get enough of camping and hikng and hopefully will carry on

Comment

Working...
                      X