Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida

Finally time to post a little something. Several weeks ago did a
    Florida visit. Found a coulpe new places.
    Mexico Beach and Port Saint Joe Peninsula State Park.
    White as snow beaches. And, each campsite seperated by palms
    and bush. Lovely. Special Note. Seldom have two Roadtreks in
    same park. Were eight at St. Joe. Also, from time to time will see
    Canadians in a place. There were six. Much fun CEPT drive thru
    Panama City. Traffic was terrible. Our first and last time there, for
    sure.

Re: Florida

You know, you dont HAVE to wait until you have a trip report to talk to us...

So what all did you do down in FL? Surely you did not stay at the campground the whole time.
    Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

What did we do? Well, a lot of beach walking. Lots of meals in seafood eateries.
      And our favorite, walking about the campgrounds and meeting new folks.

Nights out this year 12. This yard work after the winter is no fun. Ready to get out again. Did spend two night this past weekend at Lake Monroe Reservior campgrounds, near Bloomington, In. (BobbyKnightville) ( IU )

Comment

Have you ever found anything odd on the beach?

I recently spent a couple of nights in a campground in CA, and the folks there were exceptionally friendly.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Only ODD thing ever found was myslf.

Comment

Glad y'all came back down to sunny Florida! Thirty years ago, in my USAF days at Tyndall AFB, Panama City was a fairly quiet town just beginning to get onto the 'tourism' bandwagon. Now way too many wagons in that band!! :rolleyes:
            Last year a buddy and I rode our bikes through there and I think I recognised ONE tiny shop building in Parker (small town on outskirts) - all else was NEW!! PC Beach now is wall-to-wall hotels. All the cute beach shops I remembered were gone. Disney has really wrecked the small-time tourist shop business in Florida.
            Mexico Beach is much nicer, though my memories of it were just after being ravaged by a hurricane many moons ago. The beaches are much more accessible though.
            Our whole Gulf Coast is known forit's sparkling white 'sugar sand' - I am mighty glad the BP Oil Spill Disaster did not do too much to us - we really dodged a bullet there!
            Give me a buzz if y'all ever drop by this way again. It was good meeting you and the Mrs. awhile back! :cool:
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by angler57 View Post
              Only ODD thing ever found was myslf.
              Was that YOUR answer, or what your wife said she found? HAHAHAH

Life is a verb.

Comment

Sounds as if all is well with you. Good. Don't really know what next year will bring.
                But, will say the beaches call when the cold is upon us here.

Comment

Working...
                X