Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cop told that saving lives is not part of his job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop told that saving lives is not part of his job...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/20...ication-after/

I am quite glad I do not live there, with city officials like that.
    Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Re: Cop told that saving lives is not part of his job...

Very sad. My brother is a retired police officer. The stories ...
    Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

I am sure most others don't feel that way, I wonder how he ever got recruited for the job :o

Comment

I wonder how hard this has made it to recruit officers AFTERWARD?

Life is a verb.

Comment

Saw a story the other day of emergency workers in Merry Olde England - a feller had a medical emergency and collpsed in a shallow lake. Locals called the cops. The 'First Responders' spent THIRTY MINUTES setting up their vehicles, a tent and all thir emergency gear - but the poor guy was left face down inthe knee-deep water! When they finally got to him, he was long dead.
          The reason for this folly? They weren't 'trained and qualified' to go into a lake! Seems they were afraid to do so. Heck, the locals sailed model boats in there and waded it all the time!
          So due to 'following orders', the man died.....

Makes me wonder when we camp on a lake or river - if our emergency folks ever go the way of England we will be on our own!
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Bigdog57, I would bet money those first responders were ordered to not go into the water by their "leadership". You see, when a subordinate gets hurt/killed doing something dangerous, their leader is usually the one in the hot seat and may end up out of a job.

The common way to stay away from that situation is to highly restrict what your subordinates are allowed to do, thereby protecting ones career. This makes underlings afraid to take initiative, leading to all sorts of nasty consequences. I saw it many times in my military career and it makes me just as sick now as it did then.

OR, it could have been that the responders just did not like the dying man.... I'm going to go bet on option number one.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Working...
            X