Looks Like We Might Be Movin' Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks Like We Might Be Movin' Again

Most of y'all know we purchased a home in Reno this past spring. Almost had to lay low on camping because of the time maintenance demands on an old 1961 built swimming pool. Well, to make it short n'sweet, my bride hates her work-place here in Reno and found out one of her former colleagues is doing swell in Ogden Utah. There is a position available there. We were planning on winter pacific coast camping in November, however, her colleague who will be her boss has set interviews during our campin' time. So off to Utah we will go for a week and will check it all out. And I just filled the freezer with venison and trout.

Y'all know my philosophy too: Church ain't shucks to campin! We aren't Mormon, but maybe, soon we'll be closer to my favorite places, Yellowstone & the Tetons! If she accepts then we'll just have to sell this place too. Just so ya know what's goin' on! :eek:
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Looks Like We Might Be Movin' Again

Best wishes for all the changes in your life.
    Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Wow man. Hope it works out for the best, either way.
      Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Sounds like a great move. Hope all goes as you and the Mrs. want it to
        2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
        2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
        I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep ya up-to-date.

Comment

My wife's start date(just found out today 11-1-11) in Ogden is December 12, 2011. I started the ball rolling to get this house back on the market and we spent about $16,000 fixing it up this year, so hopefully we will get some of that back, I hope? I'm staying here in Reno in this house until it's sold. Then self-moving everything to Ogden. Wow, we just got unpacked. Oh well, my wife will enjoy her new job more, working directly under the boss she had in Vegas!! It'll be almost like old times, except it'll be in Utah!! And only a 5 hour drive to Yellowstone National Park! I'm already planning a summer camp there! Sweet!

Comment

Sounds pretty good to me. I liked Reno the one time I was there, but have never been to Ogden. It would seem that good times are ahead for you two, eh?

Life is a verb.

Comment

Sounds absolutely wonderful! Congrats
                Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

We are back to Renoland...found a house in Ogden. Reckon I'm bouncing back and to from there to here and back again! Desert Rose will begin in late December before Christmas. Once we git on da web in Utah I'll be able to see what y'all will be doing easier and will be able to keep up with everyone. It's a 550 mile road trip cross the Great Basin Desert with plenty of mountains where chains are required if there is snow-n-ice. But this time there and back we lucked out. Thinkin' 'bout a short weekend jaunt over yonder towards the end of November! Thanks to everyone fer not gettin bent out of shape while I was gone! Happy to be back, hopes y'all either been camping, or at least chattin' campin'? Thanks!

Comment

Glad to hear a good report man. We are all happy for you two. Welcome back to the land of the internet.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Looking forward to hearing campin' reports from the ol' OgdenDesertFox! :cool:

Best of luck to you and your Traveling Bride!
                      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Glad it was a good trip. I guess we will see lots of pics of the great basin desert sometime soon!!!!
                        550 miles is a good days run.
                        2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
                        2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
                        I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Thanks y'all! Not many photos yet. The drive is 8 1/2 hours non-stop, except for gas. Soon though I'll upload a few. It's beautiful but boring country. Desert Rose is excited. She'll be second in command at the new clinic and will get the respect that the VA never gave her. What we men go through to make our better halfs better wifes'! What ever it takes! It will be fun camping again! Utah is some beautiful country!

New link in my signature block does work if anyone is interested in where we've been, what we've seen.
                          Last edited by renodesertfox; 11-13-2011, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Okay, now it's a go! House on the market 1-1-2012! We are startin' to pack! It'll be alot of work but here I go again!

Comment

We are doing a short trip to Utah over Christmas to take a load of goods there. Ain't takin a lap-top so I'll be off-line for a few days! Merry Christmas everyone! Gee, really wish we were dispersed camping up in the Sierra instead. The Sierra hasn't had any measurable snowfall yet, perfect for star-gazin and campfire stories! Adios!

Comment

Working...
                              X