• Guns in National Parks

Please read:

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/guns-na...ory?id=9910171

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_569918.html

Thoughts?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Guns in National Parks

I see nothing wrong with it. I never understood why they weren't allowed in the first place. I do have to say that I am a strong believer in the 2nd Amendment and that if you have to ask permission, then it's not a right. We did have a bear shooting shortly after this was put into law at Denali NP.
    http://www.newsminer.com/view/full_s...dow_left_top_1
    May you always have love to share,
    Health to spare
    And friends that care.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with it. Here in the east I do not run the risk of the big bears of the west but my handgun is next to my first-aid kit when I backpack / camp.
      2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
      2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
      I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Nothing wrong with it at all! It's been a long time coming! It's not the wild wild west but a person is granted 2nd amendment rights. I would rather be judged by twelve than to be carried out by six, as the saying goes! Yep! high time the govt finally has done some good in this awful economy.

Comment

I was gonna make a smarta** post, but then I decided not to. Was that abc report written by an anti-gunner or is it just me?

Comment

Yes the ABC report was penned by an anti-gun advocate. Thank you for your patience. I just tried to present both sides and wanted feedback, glad you didn't offer any colorful colloquialisms. We are adults, at least I'm supposed to be disguised as one and we needn't talk like common thugs. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty teeth." - George Washington
              "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
              ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Considering that the 'guns in parks' laws generally require the person to have a CCW permit, I see no problem. Folks with CCW are trained not only when and how to use their gun, but when they CAN'T! They know the law, and are very honest folks. They don't want to risk losing their right to carry. They will not be 'fast drawing' on every bump in the night, or gunning down someone who irritates them.

My county and city just had a few gun ordinances shot down and nullified - we can 'carry in city parks' now. But these laws merely relfected existing state law, so the politician's fears of a guy 'deer hunting in the City Park next to kids on the swings' is groundless. Hunting is still restricted by State Law to specific times and places.
                Basically, we here and campers nationwide are simply given back our God-given right to self defense. That's a good thing. :cool:
                Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
                X