Donating Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donating Blood

Anyone else donate blood or blood products? I donate monthly, platelets and whole blood when I can. I dropped a load of platelets today, three units is what I was told, not sure how big a unit is though.

All hooked up.

My finished product. Hopefully it will go to help someone in need.
    Los Cuernos Ranch on Facebook

Re: Donating Blood

Used to donate blood, platelets, and plasma on a regular basis. However, due to medical issues I can no longer do any of that.

My dad is the blood type that anyone could have a transfusion of (can't remember if it's O or A) and the Red Cross keeps track of when he donates and calls him to make appointments for him to donate.

It's too bad more folks don't donate. It's so very easy to do.
    "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
    ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Yep, I donate too...every other month. Great subject, thanks for startin this thread!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I'm a universal donor blood type too, O-negative, and veins like garden hoses! Three units would be the equivalent of 3 pints' worth of platelets, with the balance returned to you. I am involved in donations for patient curves used to calibrate the clinical instrument that verifies platelet count, including in patients who use the most common blood thinning drug. I'm also a donor for several other research projects that involve medical research. Kind of goes with the territory in my occupation...
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
        X