Mods Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods Update

This is intended really for the newer campateers here. There is only one moderator for this great site and it is I. Usually the only time I'm really away from this camping forum is when I'm actually camping. This weekend is a Federal Holiday, Columbus Day Weekend and I will be camping. I don't take the computer with and we don't even have cell phones, so there is no way to get me to moderate your messages if you still need to be moderated. Please just hang tight and I'll be back during the early PM on Monday. But I'm not leaving until 2 PM (PST)on Friday, Oct. 8th. Get Campin, by Cracky!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Update #1

I have a Flicker account, a Facebook account(Brenton Cooper) and a Zenfolio account. Zenfolio is my web hosting service for my website. For the Flickr account find Renodesertfox, then you've found me, if you wanna.

To link a photo from say Picasa, Photobucket, Flickr, or any other photo sharing site is to be signed in at both places, ie: Flickr in one tab and Camping Forums in another tab.

1. In the Photo sharing tab right click on an image that you want to share and press copy. In some photo sharing sites you can select the size you wanna use. For me it's either large or extra-large. That's how I'm getting monitor filling images, just so ya know(it's no secret)!

2. Then come back to Camping Forums and compose you message. When you are ready to insert your image go up to the formatting choices and find the yellow square with the symbol of a mountain on it. Click there. A dialog box will open and you move your cursor there and highlight the text box and right click and paste your photo link right there. When you are satisfied, press ok and your photo will appear in the message you are writing.

3. Don't forget to preview your message to make sure everything looks fine. Then go back and press submit. There, that's all there is to it.

4. If you are having trouble you can pm me just about anytime and I'll help ya through it. :D

Comment

Road Trip!

We are leaving Sunday, 11-14 and driving down to Vegas then on Tuesday we're going on down to Phoenix(Scottsdale) for a nurse convention for Desert Rose. We're staying in hotels the entire time. We'll be back to Reno on Sunday, 11-21 late pm. I'll find a computer and try to stay in touch. We don't own lap-tops.:cool:

Comment

Netbooks are going cheap these days. If you have the fancier cell-phones, they can be connected thru it to the Net. My realtor buddy does that, for business in the field. Would be great for camping, assuming you get cell coverage where you are.
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Thanks dawg for your support...however we also don't have cell phones either. And normally where we go camping in the Sierras and on the desert we never could get a signal anyway when we did have cell phones. If we're not home just leave a message, we get far fewer calls that way, especially from our children.

Comment

Re: Mods Update

I'm here most every day, many times...lately just been stayin in the background, keepin spammers out! Have ya seen any? You won't, but I have seen plenty already for this new year! This is only the 6th of January and I've seen about 18 new spammers thinkin they are wannbe campateers!

So c'mon you spammers, give it your best shot! Don't worry, I'll be here to ban ya right from the git go!

Comment

Keep fightin' the good fight, RDF. We appreciate your efforts!

Comment

Campateers! Since the forum now has a new look there has been plenty of positive feedback! Here's a little hint to silently spread the word about this forum. First, let me ask you if you have a Facebook account? Most of us do, to some point. I do, although I don't spend alot of time there, but my point is simple. When anyone opens a thread or post to read what has been said; in the upper right in the "tab" bar there is a "Facebook" link about whether you like the article that you're reading and responding to. Go ahead and click your choice of liking or un-liking the subject. In selecting that Facebook link, the link will appear in your Facebook page and others(your friends) can see that you like or dislike camping forums and that may enlist the people you know to check us out. It already seems to be working because there has already been a greater number of lookers lurking.

Just remember:
                1. When you're not camping, what better place to be than right here...chatting about camping!
                2. Every campout is just practice for your next campout!
                Last edited by renodesertfox; 08-03-2012, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X