Washington PCT Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington PCT Trek

I don't have any images to post because I can't figure out how to get my images off my Canon Rebel onto my new laptop, but, Susan is doing all the trail pounding so far, and I am playing supply dude. I finally get to pound trail this next week as we don' "meet" for 7 days. I am going to explore the Northern Cascade trails. Van has been fun living out of these last two weeks.. Those of you w/ FB pages can follow along on what I've been doing on this trek (Billys Buddy).
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

The last 3-4 days I was in the Glacier Peaks Wilderness, near Chelan, Washington. Yesterday morning, after the second group of hikers came by my campsite by 9:30am, I asked jokingly, "Why the traffic?" Little did I know it was Labor Day Weekend. I packed up and was making the 9+ mile trek back to the trail head to get out of there. On my pack out, I passed groups of 3, 4, 10, 7, and finally 2 heading in to the area I was. Not my idea of fun! So, what am I doing this Labor Day Saturday? I have been to a hardware store to replace the O-ring to my spare fuel bottle (it broke on day two on the trail), and I am now waiting for clothes to dry at the local laundramat. Next, I take Squeaky out for some exercise (and a poop), then I will figure out what I'm going to be doing next over my 3 days I have here in this immediate area. Anyone else having this much fun on Labor Day Weekend?
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Yardwork, motorcycle servicing, doing some mods on my new trailer.

I do not like getting on the road during major holidays - the idiots get really stupid, and the cops are thick as ticks on a houndog! :o
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Tent Campin!

Yep, we went tent camping to a tent camping paradise...only 16 sites, where RVs aren't welcomed! Not much space to turn a corner in....and right along a stream. No pumped water. A perfect little place and only an hour or so from Reno too! Lots of pine trees and all the other camping locations are on or near lakes. This campground isn't attractive and that is what made it attractive to us! The tenters that were there were all very quiet and by 9 pm most everyone was asleep. Even the ones that stayed up tending their fires were very quiet! It was a perfect weekend! Only fished for 2 hours and had enough trout for us for three nights! We drove a ways to do some walking and the walks we went on we shared the trails with no one! The views were beautiful! We are going back there again for Columbus Day Weekend in a month! By then the autumn colors should be in high gear! There is no gate blocking the entrance to the campground and the host who was living at a sister campground, some 15 miles away said that after October 31st the camping there is free, if you can get into it because of snow usually closes it! We got chains and on a four-wheel drive vehicle we can go just about anyplace. So we have been finding good places to camp, within a short drive from Reno and the campgrounds empty of fair-weather campers when the weather changes! We really like camping in the eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains!:D
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Early Riser and I got home on the 14th after an awesome trek south to north in Washington. ER put in 390 miles of trail pounding, and I put it almost 2,000 miles of back road traveling "locating" trails I wanted to explore, in addition to getting to places I need to meet ER at to resupply. ER spent 22 days on the trail, and only 4 of those days were without rain. We spent a lot of her "rest days" taking time to dry clothes and equipment.

ER now has 6 weeks to report to her desk at work, and she retires. Two days after she retires, we fly to Tasmania (llama-less) and backpack that island over a 30 day period.
          Chuck
          So. Oregon

Comment

ER and ER I'm happy for both of you! Early, you'll love retirement...but you might get tired of ER too much...don't send him down here to stay though! You're good people!:D
            Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
            X