Denali National Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denali National Park

Just want to brag a little. DNP restricts park access after the first 15 miles of its road to vehicles. After that, you have to take a tour bus. But, they hold a raffle every year to allow 1600 park visitors to drive all the way to end of the 90 some odd miles road. It's only for 4 days in September just after the main tourist season ends. You have to pay $10 to enter the raffle and I entered both my husband and me. My husband won! Yay, I'm excited. We should be able to see some great wildlife. I wish we could camp one or 2 nights there but we already have some plans set that we can't cancel. Should still be a lot of fun though.
    May you always have love to share,
    Health to spare
    And friends that care.

Great news nearly! Ha Ha! I sure wish I knew how to get in on that raffle being from the lower 48? Good luck and when ya go take a ton of pics! DNP is a gorgeous park! When I was stationed at Ft. Wainwright in the Army, a hundred years ago, on a clear day you could see Mt. Denali which was over 300 miles away!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I was looking at a list of all the winners and there are many people from the lower 48 who were picked in the lottery. They do it every June and you can enter online. You should go for it next year.
      May you always have love to share,
      Health to spare
      And friends that care.

Comment

Thanks nearly thanks! There's gotta be a pun in there some where! Better yet....Nearly thanks!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
        X