Family Camping Traditions?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Camping Traditions?!

I always loved all the traditions and games my family had on our camping adventures and roadtrip. I put together a few here and it really got me going and excited about it, does anyone else have other traditions that they had as children or still do now??

http://www.campingroadtrip.com/famil...y-on-road-trip

Starting with "Slug Bug", and giving points as you have done, we introduced auditory sounds for each. A VW Bug called for a higher pitched "Slug Bug" call than the VW Bus.

Over time, we added school buses (different vocal sounds for mini, conventional, and big buses), a "Wew, wew" sound for police car w/a higher pitch "Wew, wew" for a motorcycle police vehicle, "Clang, Clang" for a fire truck, a breath-y sound "Limo" for a limo, a breath-y l-o-n-g "limo" for a stretch limo, "wew, wew" w/ a hand circling above the caller's head for an ambulance......................... I'm sure there are others, and we had a blast with this. We didn't keep score, and no one knew who was ahead, it all depended on who felt who deserved to be leading.

Does this make any sense? That's why we had so much fun playing it.
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Working...
    X