No announcement yet.

Upscale Cabins Latest Trend in Commercial Campgrounds Bordering National Parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upscale Cabins Latest Trend in Commercial Campgrounds Bordering National Parks

There’s a new structure showing up this summer in campgrounds bordering national parks, one that offers a higher level of comfort than the typical family camper or pop-up tent. More and more campgrounds are adding cabins to their available accommodations, for while more people are heading to the parks, not all want to sleep on the ground in a tent.

And while cabins long have been part of commercial campgrounds, the latest versions offer many of the comforts of home.

“Many of them are staying in luxurious 'park model' cabins, cottages and other accommodations that feature all the comforts of home,” said Linda Profaizer, president and CEO of the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds.

Tents and recreational vehicles still house the majority of those who stay in the campgrounds, but the market seems to be growing for cabins, particularly those that are fully furnished. While not as radical as “glamping” accommodations, those elaborately furnished yurts, the trend in campground cabins is showing up in both independently owned campgrounds and the Kampgrounds of America properties that many travelers are familiar with.

According to industry representatives, roughly one-third of the country’s privately owned campgrounds now offer some form of these comfortable cabins.

more at : http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com...onal-parks6183
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Hmmm..... not THIS old dog. "If it ain't on the ground, it ain't camping!"
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Yeah, at the south rim of the Grand Canyon,just outside the park, one can actually rent an apartment for a week, a month. It's really becoming insane! Cabins too! Pardon me, but I side with the Big Dawg! Tent campin isn't a dirty lifestyle all you gotta do is use soap and water! It's getting harder to find a spot to pitch a tent on dirt, seems everyone wants concrete.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

One of my co-workers is 'camping' next week in a cabin in a north Georgia State Park - she's looking forward to the cool mountain air. $85 a NIGHT...... A motel room can be cheaper. But, she will have a killer view......

Comment

That's too bad. I noticed some camping areas here in my area have way too many RV sites as well as cabins with very little tent camping options. People have really become too soft with all the 'conveniences' in life, afraid to get dirty. I've been searching for a good tent camping area.

Comment

I learned early on to avoid the "KOA" campgrounds, and pretty much anything close to a major attraction - RV cities!
            The "Motorcycle Only" campgrounds are great - almost strictly tents (a few Goldblings tow mini-trailers). Some allow "Toy Haulers" and PU Slide-in Campers, but there usually aren't many. Quieter than one might expect too. :D

Down here the Hunt Camps are open for public camping other than during hunting season - can be a nice and quiet place to put up a tent.

A couple State Campgrounds I have been to here in the Southeast have the tenters well away from the RV's. I sure appreciate that! Weird thing is some have the Bath Houses closer to the RVs though...? Seems like they oughta be closer to those of us who DON'T haul a full bathroom around behind our cars...... :rolleyes:

Comment

Hey Dawg, that friend of yours, you outta tell her how you camp! She could save a lot of bread! Sounds like a fat purse she is tryin to unload, into fancy cabin campin! :D
              Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
              Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

She definitely is NOT 'tenting material'..... We were once discussing how folks look like certain dogs - I likened myself to a big ol' friendly Yellow Labrador. I told her I figured she'd be a Pomeranian! Gave her a good laugh! :D

Her, her hubby and a friend - in a fancy cabin for a week! Yep, too rich for MY wallet! But they do this every year.

Comment

Working...
                X