Sat. 6-12-10 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat. 6-12-10 Update

We went to Lake Tahoe today in the Z. 174 photos!

Investigated 5 campgrounds for future autumn use. Had late lunch on Lake Tahoe...Filet for $34. Visited a winery bought 3 cases of vino!

Hiked...yes hiked early this am at Emerald Bay State Park...total 6 1/2 miles(last year at this time I was awaiting back surgery), saw Eagle Falls, creek and a place called Vikingsholm built in 1928. Photos soon. Campgrounds all were nice but crowded...we will be campin in some of them this autumn when the crowds thin-out! Thanks for lookin! Thanks for keepin Camping Forums alive! All the best, by cracky!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
    Visited a winery bought 3 cases of vino!

Hiked...yes hiked early this am at Emerald Bay State Park...total 6 1/2 miles
    Knowing your history w/knee, that is SOOOOO cool! 6.5 miles. Go dude!:D

Your ahead of me for trail poundin'. I still haven't hit a trail. Weather is changing, but my pastures need attendin' to (water). It usually takes me 2-4 days to get all the leaks fixed, sprinklers running right, and timers coordinated so Susan has enough water in the house and I don't run too many sprinklers and shut off the pump.

But, Billy is doing a great job "mowing" the fresh grasses coming up.
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Thought you would be left, right, left trail stuff? When are you goin? I decided now to get back in the swing of walkin! Mostly just day this summer but next summer, watch out...the PCT sounds really nice in northern CA and southern OR, my friend!:D
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
        Thought you would be left, right, left trail stuff? When are you goin? I decided now to get back in the swing of walkin! Mostly just day this summer but next summer, watch out...the PCT sounds really nice in northern CA and southern OR, my friend!:D
        Sniff out our address and drop by. If you don't like the inside amenities, there is 20 acres (a barn, a bunkhouse, and 6-7 pastures) you can camp on.

My warm weather "Honey Do" list, and annual pasture preparation has his with this warmer weather. I don't see myself pounding any serious trail until after the 4th of July weekend. Gotta get Billy Bob tuned up again.
        Chuck
        So. Oregon
        TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
        TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
        SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Working...
        X