1st Mini-Meetup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Mini-Meetup!

Eaglebait & his better half are coming to Reno tomorrow late PM. He's plannin' on shoppin' at Cabela's and other stores and I've agreed to let him driveway camp for that event(he's only stayin' one night, so he says! My driveway is about 300' long and flat. We are plannin' on cheatin' cause dinner will be at Blue Moon Pizza!

On Friday PM Desert Rose and I are headed for the hills and it won't bother me none if he stays at my place another night or two. House will be locked but my water faucet works! I'm 1/2 block from Idlewild Park, one of the oldest parks in the city. We will have a great mini-meet-up!!:D:D

I didn't realize this but there ain't a single Cabela's in up-state California or southern Oregon! That's un-believable!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
    I didn't realize this but there ain't a single Cabela's in up-state California or southern Oregon! That's un-believable!
    The Heathens! I'd think with all those tree-hugger hikers they'd have 'em - must be the stuffed critters on display scared them off! :D
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Ok. I somewhat blew it! My "better half" this trip is my dog! Susan was on a trail someplace.

I have taken my valium so I can now visit Cabella's. Wish me luck when I pass the stuffed critters
      Chuck
      So. Oregon
      TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
      TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
      SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

ER came here yesterday 'bout 5pm we had great times. We went to Blue Moon Pizza(he paid). This morning we went to Emerald City Cafe for chow(I paid)! He left 10 am to go shopping! Very nice meet-n-greet. The first one here.

Perhaps there are other campers who live close to one another, you can arrange a meet-n-greet yourself. Nothing formal has to be done, ya don't even have to tell anyone. But it was fun that I did. We chatted lifestyle and camping! Lots of my questions were answered and ER is now a closer friend because of this little greet-n-meet. Squeaker, his dog was a blast! Thanks for lookin!

Now I'm packin for campin, gotta run!

Comment

Heck, any time any of you are over in my neck of the woods, and want a place to R&R for a day or two, contact me. If I'm home, you are welcome. You can pitch a tent, park your camper/trailer, drink well water, play "rancher" for a day, or just be left alone to do your own thing.

We have a bunk house which sleeps 6-8. It ain't the Hilton, but there are four insulated walls, a leak-proof ceiling, and a window to look out of.
          Chuck
          So. Oregon
          TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
          SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebait Ranch View Post
            I have taken my valium so I can now visit Cabella's. Wish me luck when I pass the stuffed critters
            You and Billy Bob are excepted,of course. I was meaning those over-eager young PETAfiles who find the idea of hunting so horrible...... :D
            Last edited by renodesertfox; 06-07-2010, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Here's...........Eaglebait!

Heres a little proof, by cracky that ER was here visitin! That's my 'puter, my coke, my lemon juice, my Nikon Cameras! Thanks Chuck...it was swell! Welcomed here any day of any week, any year and that goes for anyone pushin through Reno!

Comment

A rare shot of me without my llama:eek:
                Chuck
                So. Oregon

Comment

No pic of The Squeakster...?

Comment

Working...
                  X