Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Migratory Bird Day activities in parks and communities on May 8, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Migratory Bird Day activities in parks and communities on May 8, 2010

The National Park Service is celebrating its tenth year of supporting International Migratory Bird Day activities in parks and communities across the country.

International Migratory Bird Day (IMBD) is an international outreach event to celebrate migratory birds and focus attention on their conservation. The official date of IMBD this year is May 8th, but the event can be celebrated throughout the year.

The IMBD 2010 theme is “The Power of Partnerships.” This theme highlights the importance of bird conservation partnerships – local, national, and international – which are necessary for the continued stewardship of bird populations and their habitats. The National Park Service recognizes the importance partnerships play in support of our mission to conserve and protect our nation’s birds and other wildlife. The 2010 theme seeks to remind us that our mission cannot be accomplished alone and reaffirms our commitment to achieve conservation through collaboration.
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Susan and I have the Bear Valley Bald Eagle Refuge a mile to the west of us, and the largest migratory bird sanctuary west of the Mississippi (I think - maybe largest in the 48 states) a mile to the east of us. The flight path from the eagle refuge to their feeding area in the bird sanctuary is up and to the north a bit from our house. It is quite common to have a bald fly over our house. At least a handful of times I have had a bald fly by me, 20-30 feet above me. I think there are 6-10 mated pair living year round and the count goes up to 50-70 migrate to the refuge each year.
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Thast sounds like a birders paradise
      2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
      2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
      I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Working...
      X