On the Road Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Road Again

After a year off the raod carin for our late father-in-law, the wife and I will be getting things organized for spring. Moved Roadtrek from winter parking spot. Needs a good wash and wax and a bit of supplies aboard.
    Next week is the gandsons (15years old) spring break. He wants to visit the Wright Patterson Air Force museum in Dayton. Ohio. A couple hours
    east of us.
    Wife, daughter, boy and i will load into the ole Buick and head that way
    Monday. Will be our first real outing for the year.Must admit was not hard to talk me into this trip.

Originally posted by angler57 View Post
    After a year off the raod carin for our late father-in-law, the wife and I will be getting things organized for spring. Moved Roadtrek from winter parking spot. Needs a good wash and wax and a bit of supplies aboard.
    Next week is the gandsons (15years old) spring break. He wants to visit the Wright Patterson Air Force museum in Dayton. Ohio. A couple hours
    east of us.
    Wife, daughter, boy and i will load into the ole Buick and head that way
    Monday. Will be our first real outing for the year.Must admit was not hard to talk me into this trip.
    Congratulations angler, I really hope you have a productive trip,

And I hope you will share the trip with us threw pictures.
    My cooking site!

Comment

Chief; Did I read where you had a bit of plumbing work done?
      Sounded as if you live just up the slab road from us in Michigan.
      That is if my memory is working halfway correctly.
      Appears you are top-drawer now.
      Any private campgrounds where camping at lake side is possible?
      Don't need a boat ramp. Just toss the ole kayak in the drink.
      Oops totally forgot about the info under names.
      Last edited by angler57; 03-11-2010, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Chief; Did I read where you had a bit of plumbing work done?
        Sounded as if you live just up the slab road from us in Michigan.
        That is if my memory is working halfway correctly.
        Appears you are top-drawer now.
        Any private campgrounds where camping at lake side is possible?
        Don't need a boat ramp. Just toss the ole kayak in the drink.
        Oops totally forgot about the info under names.
        I did have some pluming work done.

And I can check out the sites for you if you let me do some research, And yes I think you live about a half day's travel.

Ok there is 2 places I know for sure that has everything you need even a boat ramp, Or the boat ramp is only a half mile away from the campground.

Ok , 1 place you can check out is called Ranch Rouldoff that's basically a 40 minute drive from my house. http://www.ranchrudolf.com/contactus.htm

2, And the 2 second place is in a town called Grayling Michigan and it's one of the main sites with a river ( and a boat access ) ( this is the campsite that has the boat launch about a half mile from the campsite ).
        My cooking site!

Comment

Oh No! Grayling as in the wonderful sand fleas that can be kept in your own personal sand hole. Along with stale water and other unspeakable critters?
          That Grayling?

Comment

Oh No! Grayling as in the wonderful sand fleas that can be kept in your own personal sand hole. Along with stale water and other unspeakable critters?
            That Grayling?
            Yes that Grayling, When I stayed there for a week straight, I didn't notice anything different, but then again that's my first time camping experience too.
            My cooking site!

Comment

My friendly uncle invited me up for a bit of
              physical conditioning.
              His idea was to see how much fun I could have.

Comment

Day Trip

Not yet a camping outing but a fun day. Dayton Ohio is a 3.5 hour drive from my home. The Wright Patterson Air Force Museum is on the air base.
                This week is my age 14 grandsons spring break. Also his mom is home mending from a foot surgery. Boy talked me into making a visit to Ohio.
                Wasn't that difficult.
                So Monday boy, daughter, wife and I made the trip and spent a full loooong day at museim. As we began tour meant another couple as luck would have it. Fella had flown an F-86 in combat and was a self taught
                flight historian. A personal guide. Wonderful.
                Ladies rode electric carts furnished by USAF us fellas hoofed it.
                If you have never seen this place. *If possible make the visit. Amazing.

Comment

Bags are packed. Fishing gear is aboard. Ole Buick is loaded. Preparing to hit the road for a day or two. Don't know where we may go.
                  Will ask wife which way to turn when we get to National Road (east/west) Hwy50.

Comment

Here we are high above the Ohio river in the Clifty Falls Lodge outside Madison, Indiana. Lodge sits atop a steep hill overlooking the river. Tow boats are making their way down river and hawks fill the sky in broad circles enjoying the air streams caused by the air rising over the mile wide waterway, up the steep hills.
                    Wife is wandering when we will leave the room to the buffet. Sugar free chololate cream pie.
                    She twisted my arm. Chow time. No plans for tomorrow yet.
                    Last edited by angler57; 03-30-2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Had a great buffet last evening. Beds slept well. Wife and I rise at five a.m.
                      In darkness towboats can be seen moving along the river.
                      Darkness with the city of Madison far below are a sight to behold.
                      Breakfast buffet opens in a few minutes.
                      Time to go. In hall have a 24hr. free coffee dispencer. Am a happy camper.

Comment

Working...
                      X