I joined fakebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I joined fakebook

I guess I joined Facebook...but see no point. No friends, no tv, no pool, no pets. Not a single luxury...nothing to say there cause it's all here so why repeat myself.:(
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Hehehe.... I have no use for those 'social networking' sites - I got's me FORUMS!!! :D

I'm on so many forum sites now, I can't keep track of 'em all. But a half dozen I hit EVERY day - this one included!

I figure those social sites are for dumb kids to show videos of themselves committing crimes so the cops can find them easier....... :rolleyes:
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Whoo...lets take it down a few notches on the facebook blasting...of course like everything facebook is not for everyone. I personally enjoy it for finding friends I have not heard from in years, and keeping in touch with family I normally would only speak to once every few years at family reunions. Give facebok some time if you just joined and search from family/friends you may want to connect with. Some people love it, and some people just have no use for it. I would reccommend it to anyone.
      "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
      sigpic

Comment

Yep, I agree with ye! I won't be there long. Thats just a waste of good spare time. Keeping ya glued to ye email. My kids are all over that stuff and so the teasing begins anew...but it stops cause I ain't answering none of 'em...that's why a telephone was invented. Email is not personable and them that think so no nothing of tone inflexions from speech. So when there I's cobbing the english with a 2x4, by cracky! I thought fer a minute that maybe 'em photos to be good...heck they be the worst yet!

I am a member of the Nikonians and them folk that use Cannon & Pentax too. Problem there is that everyone of 'em think that they can do photography better than I. I got nothin' to prove to no one...I've done over 40 years of it and got paid fer it too. Just cause I don't completely understand the happy crap you can do in Photoshop they think I don't know nothing! Yep, I gonna go shoot some film(large format), process it myself and scan it here in a week or so. Let's see 'em do that?:eek:

Big Dawg...thanks for showing me good straight chat! I'll be here till ye cows come home!

Moonshine...good to see you back on-line! I'll tone down a notch on fakebook, if I spoke loud enough you'd be back! By cracky...good to hear from ye!
        Last edited by renodesertfox; 02-24-2010, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I just have no use for Facebook, Twitter, or any of those types...... For those who do, more power to ya!

VDF, I have signed onto many gun forums, car forums, motorcycle forums, camping forums, and others. But I usually find only a few that I 'click' with. Good folks who know the subject and are pretty much passionate about it without coming across as 'know-it-alls'. Like this place - Love y'all, man! :D
          The others I might surf by once in a blue moon.

Comment

I'm on facebook just for family purposes.
            My cooking site!

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfowler84 View Post
              Whoo...lets take it down a few notches on the facebook blasting...of course like everything facebook is not for everyone. I personally enjoy it for finding friends I have not heard from in years, and keeping in touch with family I normally would only speak to once every few years at family reunions. Give facebok some time if you just joined and search from family/friends you may want to connect with. Some people love it, and some people just have no use for it. I would reccommend it to anyone.

I agree 100%

I have found friends who I have lost touch with and always wondered "whatever happened to so-and-so?". I have a MySpace too but Facebook is more "grown-up" in my opinion.
              My Other Interest

Comment

Originally posted by Chile Chef View Post
                I'm on facebook just for family purposes.
                In addition to keeping in touch with long/lost (now found) friends I "DITTO" Chile Chef.

If it wasn't for Facebook, I wouldn't have found the daughter of a friend of mine, who lives in Alaska, who introduced me to Glacier Bay National Park, which flipped the switch to start getting involved in kayaking, which will cause me to discuss on this forum kayaking experiences, which means I now have to do some "camping" in order to kayak:p, which means I probably will have to tap into you folks for "camping" ideas.

Wow! How as that for a run on sentence?

So, does Facebook = Campingforums.com Oh, that could hurt:eek:
                Chuck
                So. Oregon
                TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Since I consider some of you close friends & friends, I would like to invite you guys to my facebook, Like I've stated its basically for family but a few friends will not hurt since most of you are descent folk.
                  My cooking site!

Comment

Just scrolled through the facebook thread and read everyones thoughts about facebook. I myself am not much on using it. My wife uses facebook on her desktop and my son and daughter uses it on their iphone and Blackberry.

I had a major virus on my laptop called Antivirus Live ( If I remember right). My wife's desktop also got the Antivirus Live virus about the same time. We had both just been on facebook prior to the virus strike. The folks at the computer repair shop said there have been reports of it entering your system thru facebook. Don't know if that's true.

We were using the free version of AVG at the time. Maybe it wasn't doing its job. We bought and installed a program with antivirus & Malwarebytes protection and all seems good now. My wife still facebooks, and no problems have shown up since.

Archie

Comment

My prior computer got nailed hard by a virus - and I had the AVG Free as well. I now have a different and more capable AV application, that has stopped a few viruses and malware in their tracks. Ain't cheap, but nothing good ever is.

Comment

"Good protection is not cheap"...excellent post BD! I have the latest McAfee, Advanced AVG and Reg Cure on mine since as a mod I have to check everyone out that's new before they are rated gold. And like you I too am active on a couple of other forum sites as well. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Okay...I'm staying on "da book" for family and a friend who has started a career in photography. Just trying to be a nice guy. But if you have a bridge in Brooklyn that's for sale, I ain't buying! Ha Ha!:D

Comment

Glad I found ya on facebook! Thanks for the encouragement for putting my poetry on there. Still tossing the idea around. I have tons of peices i'd love to share but don't know 100% .
                            "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
                            sigpic

Comment

Facebook Update

Not only did I de-activate my account, I took the trouble and deleted it as well. I have concerns over their security policies and started seeing comments from people I never heard of. I checked all of my settings but it was still happening. So I'm off of fb for good. It maybe good for you, but for me, my love is this forum only.

The owner of this site however, is on fb. But I'm only speaking for myself. I am no longer on any of those needy sites.:mad:

Comment

Working...
                              X