Weather Follies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Follies

Well, it's Sunday morning, and it didn't get nearly as frigid as the "weatherguessers" had claimed it would. 24 degrees this morning here at my AO, when they had said it would hit the mid teens! All day Saturday it was high 20's and low 30's, with a biting northerly wind.

How are things elsewhere?
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Lost Wages, NV

Chilly nights...low 30s sometimes into the the high 20s if the anything in the 20s could ever be high.

Daytime temps into the mid 60s...very nice. Had steak at MonAmi Gabi at the Paris Hotel with a couple bottles of wine, espresso, mussels, snails, and a brandy for $223.00. Listenned to the fountains at the Bellagio Hotel across the street too! Very Fine Food! Entertainment and everything at the french restaurant was on the house; payed for by my son who has become the 2nd incharge chef there! Twas nice going....going to the strip! My boy is doing excellent...I'm a proud daddy!!!! I do like to camp but I like it when my son buys us dinner!

We did leave a nice 22% tip for the waiter and 15% for the wine steward too! There I'm not that cheap! I'm proud of Shawn!!!
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 01-10-2010, 06:48 PM. Reason: f
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Bravo to Shawn!

This fine Monday morning, the temp has dropped to a low of 17 degrees at 5AM! I expect it will drop another degree or two before I motor in to work at 7AM. :eek:

I coulda swore I was in warm & sunny Florida a couple weeks ago........ :D

Comment

at our house it was mid teens since friday for lows and low 30's daytime and todays high was 42 with a northerly flow of wind. low tonight is supposed to be 28 here so it is getting warmer

yes sir Shawn gets a big attaboy!!!
        2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
        2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
        I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Day temps high 60s...nights lower 40s sometimes high 30s. Sunny skies, no wind! Beautiful weather! Monday 1-11-09. :p

Comment

Well, it ended up dropping to a low of FIFTEEN here in normally warmish north FLorida Monday! At 5:30AM Tuesday, it is currently twenty degrees. It'll rise through the week, and they are calling for high forties this weekend for the low! Of course, that means it'll rain..... :rolleyes:
            Heck with it - I'll be camping!

Comment

Weather

Monday it was -5 at 5am. We are around 0 degrees at night and 20-30 for the highs this week. Everywher you look 2 or more feet of snow.

Comment

Wednesday, 1-13-10. Rain has come again to the great American Mojave Desert. The weather guessers have cited this winter as an El Nino year. Rain will be good for the desert. Last Year it rained two days over a four month spell. Looks like wildflowers will be plentiful this year. Nights here have been in the mid 30s. Day temps low 50s. Very nice, but no camping this weekend, plans changed.

Comment

We have had a wet year 2009 too - so plenty of forage for the critters in the wild. It helped relieve out long-standing 'drought' conditions for our water table.
                  Temps are getting better now - today (Wednesday the 13th) was a beeyootiful day! Did some needed maintenance on my bike, in preparation for this weekend's campout. I will be spending Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights in camp. It had been too cold earlier.
                  They are calling for temps int he high thirties Thursday night, then heading up into the 40's and maybe 50's!

Comment

Hope you have a great camp Lance!! Take that camera and get lots of pics.

Comment

So Oregon and Nor Cal is in almost spring weather right now. I have heard the ski park at Mt. Shasta is going to close next week because of lack of snow. The snow pack, two weeks ago, at the location I monitor had a 46" base. Two days ago it was a 10" base. Really a bummer for us winter folk.
                      Chuck
                      So. Oregon
                      TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                      TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                      SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Sorry weather there Eaglebait that weather has not been cold and raining.:(

Here however, it is another very wet day in the great Mojavean Desert! Today's high was 47 and the low will be below 31 degrees. Snow on the mountains. As soon as it's over I'll upload photos of Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area with snow. Maybe, I'll also get out and hike and photo-hunt big horn sheep, like last year(see photo albums: Wildlife)! This is the sixth total day that we have had rain. Last winter it rained here for just two days total in a 4 month span! Flowers this spring will be happy!:D

Comment

Tuesday, 1-19-10: It's still raining again today! Thanks to the planners here in Las Vegas, floods just 5 years ago were a constant problem...now it's just wet roads and a happy desert! Today's high was 43 degrees. Feels more like the damp east than the sunny west! Showers are forecasted for the entire week. We'll see...

Comment

We here in The Deep South are finally back to normal. High thirties at night and sixties during the day. Beeyootiful day today, Tuesday the 19th.

Comment

Im getting jealous hearing of all this nice weather. Tonight and tomorrow here NE we are supposed to get .03 in of ice which will make the roads like an ice rink. I'm a little worried about driving home from work at midnight. YIKES! Ready for Spring and the Snow Goose hunting that comes with it!!
                              "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X