Summer 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer 2010

I'm going to make time for a lot of camping.

This summer I will finally have something to drive to the camp sites.

I'm getting a harley trike and I've moved back home for a while.
    My cooking site!

Congrats on the new bike, Post a picture or two when you get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by rxcamping View Post
      Congrats on the new bike, Post a picture or two when you get a chance.
      I will not have the trike bike until the end of feb beginning of march. Then I will post around 50-300 photos
      My cooking site!

Comment

Yep, those Harley Trikes are high on the Cool Factor! Plenty of room for camping gear!
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
          Yep, those Harley Trikes are high on the Cool Factor! Plenty of room for camping gear!
          Ok cool, but what about guitars? Can they hold guitars easy?
          My cooking site!

Comment

I'm sure you could strap one on. Seen regular bikes carrying them - but it would take up room limiting your camping gear. But make sure it's weather-proof - on a bike, NO nylon bag is ever rainproof! I found that out the hard way! :D

Comment

I'm sure you could strap one on. Seen regular bikes carrying them - but it would take up room limiting your camping gear. But make sure it's weather-proof - on a bike, NO nylon bag is ever rainproof! I found that out the hard way! :D
              LOL, I sure hope it wasn't a costly learning experience.

Anyways I may not get the trike but I'm thinking about 2 other alliterative after Jan 13th. I'm thinking one of 2 options here, One:Get a $15k Jeep in the pre 90's for camping, muddin, driving to jams, driving to college and picking up college girls. Two: Get another trike I had my eye on which is $3k usd but the top speed is only 45 miles an hour and doesn't have trunk space, Well it does but only for a helmet.

I don't know what to do because I have a car my mom gave me, but if I want to do all that stuff this summer I need something I can go off roading and not get stuff in a pot hole because your car has the dump low proifle tires, So what do I do?
              My cooking site!

Comment

Howdy Chef,
                What's up? Long time no chat. Anyway, you could consider trading in the car you have now...if that's okay and go jeep! Nothing wrong with a jeep! But for up north where you're are "for now" you gotta have an enclosed cab and anything with a short wheel-base will be bumpy and noisy. But girls like that, my girl...the one I'm still married to loved my old CJ but then eventually I traded up to the Grand(WJ). Now it's always a grand! Too old for bumpy rides on concrete but if it's a two track...I'm there. You might also be able to do a 3" lift($1500+) and give it a little muscle look. My grand is almost stock except for a little armor underneath, I don't need to make up for what I ain't got, savy. You know what I mean, guys with big trucks have little things.(HaHa)! Hope all is well, pard...& how's your site is a name change still in the works? btw: if you go jeep check out www.trailsdriven.com it's a sister site to this one owned by JohnJohn and it's full of good info on anything 4x4.
                Last edited by renodesertfox; 01-05-2010, 10:10 PM.
                Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
                  Howdy Chef,
                  What's up? Long time no chat. Anyway, you could consider trading in the car you have now...if that's okay and go jeep! Nothing wrong with a jeep! But for up north where you're are "for now" you gotta have an enclosed cab and anything with a short wheel-base will be bumpy and noisy. But girls like that, my girl...the one I'm still married to loved my old CJ but then eventually I traded up to the Grand(WJ). Now it's always a grand! Too old for bumpy rides on concrete but if it's a two track...I'm there. You might also be able to do a 3" lift($1500+) and give it a little muscle look. My grand is almost stock except for a little armor underneath, I don't need to make up for what I ain't got, savy. You know what I mean, guys with big trucks have little things.(HaHa)! Hope all is well, pard...& how's your site is a name change still in the works? btw: if you go jeep check out www.trailsdriven.com it's a sister site to this one owned by JohnJohn and it's full of good info on anything 4x4.
                  Thanks for the link VDF, And I will not have any money left over for upgrades if I get the jeep, When I get the jeep I mean. I will just have enough for gas, matinece, Camping, guitar lessons.....
                  My cooking site!

Comment

Hey guys, Guess what I'm getting and it's not a jeep ( gasp ).

It's a ford f350 I need something as big as my personality And for the winter months here in Mi, As soon as I get back from U of M in Michigan for my assessment, I'll be a new owner of a f350
                    My cooking site!

Comment

Well, you definately scaled up a few steps, eh? But, you can either fit a nice p/u bed camper in it or tow a decent sized trailer.

Comment

Well, you definately scaled up a few steps, eh? But, you can either fit a nice p/u bed camper in it or tow a decent sized trailer.
                        You bet, As long as I didn't count my chickens before they have hatched you guys will see the truck in a couple of weeks.
                        My cooking site!

Comment

Working...
                        X