Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reader Participation Day: What's Your Favorite National Park Trail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reader Participation Day: What's Your Favorite National Park Trail?

What's your favorite trail in the National Park System? That can be a tough question. Some believe hiking the "Narrows" in Zion National Park is as good as it gets. Others might say a multi-day outing on the John Muir Trail through Yosemite National Park down to Devil's Postpile National Monument and on to Sequoia National Park and Mount Whitney is the best there is.

And then, of course, there's the Appalachian Trail, which you can take for more than 2,000 miles while passing through sections of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, Shenandoah National Park and Great Smoky Mountains National Park. And there are water trails, as well.

So, what's the answer? What's your favorite trail in the National Park System? Is it a day hike, a long-weekend, or a multi-week trek?

http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com...nal-park-trail
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

JP, Havasu Canyon Trail in the Grand Canyon National Park! It's 100 miles west of the South Rim and is home of the Havasupai Indians. 2000' below the rim of the Canyon there are two waterfalls(Havasu Falls-100' & Mooney Falls-196'). Havasu Canyon only receives 9" of rain a year(wet years) it drains a 3000 square mile area. And getting there isn't easy either, but it is worth it! The only way in is either by foot, mule, or helicopter. I hate helicopters(refer back to Army Ranger copter crash in 1977)! Anyway, the backcountry experience is worth it by foot! Just thought I'd share. Thanks for posting this JP!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Re: Reader Participation Day: What's Your Favorite National Park Trail?

I like the Fairyland Canyon trail in Bryce Canyon National Park. It's one of those hike that you start out by going down. I feel like I am on another planet while hiking in Bryce.

2nd favorite would have to be the hike over Hurricane Divide in Grand Teton national park. It would be my first choice if it were not such a long and steep hike. It's an all day hike that's around 18 miles. With 2 kids and a wife, an all day hike is not in the playbook.
      Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X