Car Carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Carrier

My bf and I are huge campers. We have made it a tradition to take one large camping trip a year, stopping in 3 or 4 different spots, usually where we have family. About a year ago we purchased a very nice 5th wheel to accompany us this year on our trip. When going over the route we wanted to take and where exactly we were going to stop, we decided that we wanted to bring our car along with us for day trips..... this however left us with one in the 5th wheel and the other driving the car. Part of our camping trip is that we get to spend extra time with each other that we normally wouldn't be able to do. So we decided to purchase a car carrier to pull behind the 5th wheel. So far the only thing I have come across was that Uhaul sells used car carries for a fair price, I guess but I would like more options to choose from. If you have any ideas please let me know. :confused:

Originally posted by alyons9032 View Post
    My bf and I are huge campers. We have made it a tradition to take one large camping trip a year, stopping in 3 or 4 different spots, usually where we have family. About a year ago we purchased a very nice 5th wheel to accompany us this year on our trip. When going over the route we wanted to take and where exactly we were going to stop, we decided that we wanted to bring our car along with us for day trips..... this however left us with one in the 5th wheel and the other driving the car. Part of our camping trip is that we get to spend extra time with each other that we normally wouldn't be able to do. So we decided to purchase a car carrier to pull behind the 5th wheel. So far the only thing I have come across was that Uhaul sells used car carries for a fair price, I guess but I would like more options to choose from. If you have any ideas please let me know. :confused:
    Sorry I can't offer any help on a brand. However look into local road restrictions. I know here in Colorado you can't tow anything behind a 5th wheel.
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Comment

Originally posted by alyons9032 View Post
      Howdy alyons9032;3033,

This link will help you a great deal. The police across the country are very strict when it comes to road restrictions for recreational trailers(5th wheels) & RVs. Hefty fines!

http://www.rvbasics.com
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Threes

Laws concerning pulling here in Indiana? Don't really know.
        Do know that several realtives from both here and Ohio
        tow pull trailers/5th wheel units and 18.5 boats behind their units. Have for years.
        Seeing threesomes here is common.
        Must be legal, or the police just ignore it.

Comment

Working...
        X