Camper-Warming gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camper-Warming gift

So, I'm going to a Camperwarming party for friends who just bought a beautiful camper/rv. Sounds like it's loaded to the max!
    What would be some useful things for them to have. This is their first one.
    thanks!

Re: Camper-Warming gift

A nice heavy duty door mat to keep all the dirt out of their new rig.
    "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
    ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Originally posted by surmisez View Post
      A nice heavy duty door mat to keep all the dirt out of their new rig.
      That's exactly what I was going to suggest. It's the first "gift" I received when family found out about my camping addiction.

How about a gift basket of disposable items they'll use over & over - such as citronella candles, charcoal briquettes, bug spray - stuff like that?
      Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

GlitterHiker, it's a woman thang! Even when camping, I like everything to be neat and clean! :D

I use tent stakes to stake out two door mats (side-by-side) in front of the tent entrance. I even tell the dog to wipe his feet. He stands there and looks at me like I'm an idiot. At least he pauses on the mat for a minute before going into the tent.
        "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"

Comment

Thank you, great ideas! Can't wait to go shopping (as if I needed an excuse!)

Comment

...I...I...err admit that I watched an infomercial last night for a "new techno" door mat..........it wuz weally weally hard to tear my eyes away.

Another vote for a door mat, LOL!

I'm hoping that gift basket has a gingham ribbon on the top.......so non utilitarian yet useful to tie around the base of a hurricane lamp to confound the June bugs ....

Another possibility is a book germane to the recipient's interests. Personally, I like novels and short stories during the summer and having pretty much exhausted DEM I've moved on to DFM; Maupassant is my current fav.

For those who like a nice all purpose drinking vessel to add to their collection, a set of Picardie glasses (haven't found them in plastic yet:() or maybe a set of these will do the trick:

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/outdoo...-glass/s562753
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Jeez NYCgrrl, you've got me doing searches for "as seen on TV" mats! Found the YouTube video and I must say, it does seem to work very well. LOL!

As for glasses, I am partial to these as glasses and I have an understanding; I don't touch them and they won't break. Simple. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...door-glassware

I think the monogram is a bit pretentious even for homey glamping, so I'd pass on that.

Comment

Originally posted by surmisez View Post
                Jeez NYCgrrl, you've got me doing searches for "as seen on TV" mats! Found the YouTube video and I must say, it does seem to work very well. LOL!

As for glasses, I am partial to these as glasses and I have an understanding; I don't touch them and they won't break. Simple. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...door-glassware

I think the monogram is a bit pretentious even for homey glamping, so I'd pass on that.
                Oh, I've been admiring those for a bit as well. There's only one hard for me to overcome problem: they don't stack.

Still, this one also has me intrigued...I particularly like the thumb indentation cuz it seems easier to hold:

http://www.amazon.com/Govino-Glass-F...ref=pd_sim_k_1

I've a feeling that the WS glasses are more substantive/heavier than the Govino but well I can do w/o the monograms as well.
                2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

How about a bottle of wine and a $50 gift card to RV/Camping World? ;-)
                  Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                    Oh, I've been admiring those for a bit as well. There's only one hard for me to overcome problem: they don't stack.

Still, this one also has me intrigued...I particularly like the thumb indentation cuz it seems easier to hold:

http://www.amazon.com/Govino-Glass-F...ref=pd_sim_k_1

I've a feeling that the WS glasses are more substantive/heavier than the Govino but well I can do w/o the monograms as well.
                    I do like the thumb indentation! Nice touch. :D

Comment

Mhm sounds like a challenge but there is a great variety of gifts that are perfectly suitable for a camperwarming. For example if you simply want to stick to a beautiful flower bouquet or a bottle of Whisky or wine. On the other hand you can maybe get or create a food gift - a gift basket with a variety of cheese and cookies and wines and so on. With a basket the choice is completely up to you when it comes to filling. You can make it absolutely personal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
                        How about a bottle of wine and a $50 gift card to RV/Camping World? ;-)
                        I'd go with this one. Even though it might be loaded, you can never get enough of camping equipment and stuff. They will definitely need this later on.

Comment

Nice idea, I am very jealous of your friends. I think alcohol is always a good present, could you buy them some special whisky or port? normally for friends I go down the alcohol line or buy them some sort of day trip from something on Groupon that might push their boundaries, I bought a friend a skydive jump once, and he actually did it (I had just bought it as a joke) so maybe some sort of organised day trip that can be the first outing in the RV, might as well make it memorable.

My friend had a similar thing and I managed to track down a really old hunters map of the area around by their house, it was brown and faded and looked really good up on the wall, like a proper hunters cottage, it took a lot of tracking down though, maybe have a look on ebay or amazon?
                          Last edited by timmyyoung; 03-02-2012, 01:55 AM.

Comment

The map is a great suggestion, timmyyoung. Really unique and would definitely spark up some conversation. Makes me curious now to see if I can find a map like that of the area around my house.

Comment

A nice wood carved sign with all of their family info to display in front of it always looks nice.. jus sayin

Comment

Working...
                              X