Dutchman Voltage Toy Hauler Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutchman Voltage Toy Hauler Question

We are about to buy a toy hauler and LOVE the new Dutchman Voltage 3200. Great bedroom and bath set-up and fits our needs. But i heard one dealer say some problems and been encountered. The factory told me what those issue were and had fixed them.

Anybody have any input or experience to share?

Thank

Re: Dutchman Voltage Toy Hauler Question

We just purchased a new Voltage 3200 at the beginning of January. With all the snow in the Pittsburgh area, we haven't had a chance to actually try it out. If you have not seen the Voltage, it would be best to get to a dealer that has one quickly because I think these will be selling fast once the camping season starts. Before we took delivery, I did check the internet for any recalls to make sure the fix was done. At the time there were 3 recalls and none pertained to our model. I did notice that there is now a new one that we will need to check into. The defects are all minor.

We are anxious to try out our new toy hauler. Our first planned trip is to Daytona Bike week in March. There are lots of pros to this unit:

High ceilings
    Great TVs
    Furnace works - we sat & watched TV in the trailer one snowy day!
    Generator works great
    LOTS of room to walk around the bed... BOTH SIDES!!!
    LOTS of counter & cupboard space in the bathroom
    LOTS of storage inside & out!
    REMOTE CONTOL!!!! (man's best friend next to the dog!)

THere are a few things that might improve the unit even more:

Move the outside door handle lower (like on a semi truck)
    Move the light switches outside of the 'central control panel' - It is incovenient to open the panel to turn on the lights.

We can't really say much about the outside other than it is pretty well built. When we brought the unit home (in a blizzard and at night) there was a tree that wasn't quite in the right place for us to park the trailer. Some of the limbs were reaching out to our new camper. Needless to say, a few choice words and a day later the tree was history. There was no damage done.

One thing I do want to mention is that we bought our unit from CampingWorld (Grumbines, Harrisburg, PA). We got a great deal and would highly recommend them!

We will post some pics and provide more information as soon as possible.

Comment

Thanks for the input Neverhome. We have seen and LOVE the unit but our local dealer mentioned dome issues. But we have decided to buy one anyway. You mentioned a good deal...I am at $50100 drive out price on a unit that include 2nd AC and outside tv. how that compare to your deal?

Comment

Hi bradtye,

Did you wind up buying the Voltage? If so, I hope you had better luck than I did. Like you, I really liked the layout. However I have had dozens of problems with it.

The components are CHEAP and the workmanship is terrible. Blinds fall down almost every time I try to close them. I have had it in twice for service on the door latches. I still can't get into the outside TV door. Is there really a TV in there? Will I ever know?

I have a list of at least 10 additional problems but, since the nearest dealer is 100 miles away, I can't affort to take it in for warranty work every time something goes wrong!

I am considering calling the dealer to see if I can get my Keystone Montana back.

Comment

Working...
        X