Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new at using these forums. I have one questions. I have been camping ever since I was a kid but never have owned my own camper. I just bought a 1997 Fleetwood wilderness travel trailer. The question I have is that the trailer does not have a generator. I'm looking at getting a generator to power the trailer. Any suggestion on what to look for or were to get one. I don't really want to spend a lot of money. Thanks

Originally posted by swampi28@yahoo.com View Post
    I'm new at using these forums. I have one questions. I have been camping ever since I was a kid but never have owned my own camper. I just bought a 1997 Fleetwood wilderness travel trailer. The question I have is that the trailer does not have a generator. I'm looking at getting a generator to power the trailer. Any suggestion on what to look for or were to get one. I don't really want to spend a lot of money. Thanks
    Welcome to the forum.

Sorry wish I could help, we either dry camp or plug into power at a campground. I'm interested in reading other responses though.
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Comment

New dude

Howdy Swampi,

Check out http://craig'slist.com Then enter the city you live in or the general area, something should come up. Craig's list is very popular. Give it a try and let us know if it helped?

You might also want to check out the "I want to buy" right here on campingforums.com
      Last edited by renodesertfox; 11-24-2008, 11:26 PM.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Howdy,

Depends a bit on what you mean by "power the trailer" - most people just want to be able to recharge the batteries and maybe run the AC once in awhile. If you don't want to run the AC, then you can use any of the Honda/Yamaha/Kipor 1000w or 2000w units. Like vegasdesertfox says, check craigslist for a good deal - I sold my Yamaha 2400W for $500, which was half of what I paid for it.

Comment

I realize this is late but if your concern is keeping the batteries charged you could also look into solar power. It might fit your needs and is quiet.
          2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
          2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
          I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Working...
          X