Second trip out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second trip out

Well we took our second trip this last weekend to Louisville State Park here in NE. We took a long trip Wednesday through Sunday. The weather was not the norm for around here temperature wise. We had highs in the 50's with 20-35mph winds most of Thursday and Friday. We were able to get outside during the days and my son and I both day and night for campfires. My wife and 4 month old son stayed in the trailer on the two windy nights with temps in the 40's just not a good mix for a four month old.

We tried out a few new recipes and some of the old ones. One recipe was a dutch oven shrimp soup with creamed corn. I followed the instructions very closely but still managed to scorch the corn. At least it did not ruin the $26.00 a pound shrimp. Reno's French toast with cream cheese and strawberry jelly was a hit along with his Boonie burgers. I made a dutch oven apple cobbler one night which was stupendous. My parents gave me a campfire corn popper for Christmas. It was fun popping corn over the fire.

All in all a fun weekend of campfires, bike rides, canoeing, and fishing with no catches. We went to an aquarium on Saturday though that had indigenous fish species and showed my 5 year old what we might catch someday.

Lots of fun and looking forward to our next trip with my family and my brother and sister in laws families.

Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day Weekend!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

It was I think my wife enjoyed herself.

Comment

Sounds like you had a lovely time! Do post some photos if you have them? Put them in the Photo Gallery section and you can add photos to your own albums too. Thanks for sharing! I am very happy to read that you have tried some of my recipes, thank you! It'll be good to hear about your third outing too!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
        X