vandals and bad rv repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vandals and bad rv repairs

I just want to make people aware that when you rig needs insurance work DO NOT take it to the closest Rv dealer.

Take it to the repair shop the insurance company recommends.

My lance truck camper need a new back door do to vandalism on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I took it to the nearest Rv repair shop in Cambridge Md. only to find that the custom door they put on it, had non of the feature of the original door. The windows even had clear glass in them. The wide angle lens was installed sideways and too high to be useful. They even installed the door catch plate too low and then moved it into place leaving 4 hex head screws to fill the hole. They tried to tell me that these 4 hex head screws came from the custom door company in the door.

The insurance adjuster tells me I'm on my own because I took it the the closest repair shop instead of driving 4 hours into the suburbs of Washington DC to their approved shop, even though he looked at the damage and approved the job.

Every one is telling me it time to take this to court
    So that is going to be my next stop.

stay away from the Rv dealer in Cambridge Maryland
    Damifinow Fish

RV insurance

Thanks for the tip. It is sad that some (vandals) ruin things for the rest of us. I hope that you are able to get your claim resolved and get back to camping ASAP.

Comment

Re: vandals and bad rv repairs

Originally posted by damifinowfish View Post
      I just want to make people aware that when you rig needs insurance work DO NOT take it to the closest Rv dealer.

The insurance adjuster tells me I'm on my own because I took it the the closest repair shop instead of driving 4 hours into the suburbs of Washington DC to their approved shop, even though he looked at the damage and approved the job.

Damifinow Fish
      I would be thinking about a new insurance co. if their adjuster would not help when the shop made bad repairs

Comment

Originally posted by damifinowfish View Post

My lance truck camper need a new back door do to vandalism on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I took it to the nearest Rv repair shop in Cambridge Md. only to find that the custom door they put on it, had non of the feature of the original door. The windows even had clear glass in them. The wide angle lens was installed sideways and too high to be useful. They even installed the door catch plate too low and then moved it into place leaving 4 hex head screws to fill the hole. They tried to tell me that these 4 hex head screws came from the custom door company in the door.

Damifinow Fish

I'll be sure to stay away from there if I ever get a trailer. Caimbridge is shady anyway.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, and I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through that. Yes, it is really best to bring your trailer to an accredited repair shop. It may not really save you from the possibility of your trailer being vandalized, but at least if ever it does, you can demand your insurance company to help you deal with that as well.

Comment

Working...
          X