Not sure if my camper classifies as "large" or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if my camper classifies as "large" or not

We've got a 2006 Aerolite Cub 23BH. It's perfect for our family. Queen sized bunk up front for me and my wife, another queen sized bunk in the back for my daughter and bunk beds for my boys. Works out perfectly for us.

Plus since it's a hybrid, we don't lose any floor space to beds (other than the bunk beds). So we've got the same floor space as a much larger (30'+) travel trailer. We love sleeping under the canvas bunk ends, but I realize that's not everyone's cup of tea. Requires about 10 extra minutes total of set-up over a regular travels trailer, but it's worth it to us, no question.

We were tent campers (and still are a few times a year) and then once the kids started showing up, we moved to a pop-up, but we quickly realized that we needed to move up to something larger with "a real bath room" for my wife and teenage daughter. Whatever keeps them happy and camping with me is fine in my book.

Pull it with a 2000 Suburban 1500 4x4. I love my land yacht! Most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. And when you've got 3 kids and they like to bring along friends, it's either a Suburban or get a Partridge Family bus! I think I'll stick with the Suburban!

Anyway, just saying, "Hi," and maybe we'll see you in a campground one of these days!

Welcome to what-ever way a person chooses to camp! Thanks fer sharing!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Sounds like a mighty comfy way to camp! At my last big MC Meet, it rained one night then froze so I stayed in a buddy's pop-up. He's taller than I am (I'm 6'4") and he's got the bucks for something nice - the beds were the first I ever found in an RV or trailer that really fit me! Took him about a half hour to set up, then take down - but once set-up, it made a great base camp!
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Suburbans are a great tow vehilcle, owned 2 myself, welcome to the forum!

Comment

Re: Not sure if my camper classifies as "large" or not

Your set up sounds a lot like ours. We have a 2011 Shamrock 23SS towed by a 2000 Suburban 4 X 4. We too love our Suburban.

Comment

Re: Not sure if my camper classifies as "large" or not

Sounds large to me, JT. And AFA those land yachts...when I was between labs, I sold a new one just about every day in Tahoe or XL trim...It kept the wolf away from my door and shoes on my kids' feet...I still miss the old GM, but she ain't the same grey lady she was before. Rant over...
            “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
            ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
            X