electric coolers.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric coolers.....

Started out with a Koolatron electric cooler..........left it in the hot van, ended up with a warped swollen lid.
    Next step I bought 2 Igloo electric coolers..........best thing I have done!!!
    During the day when we are around, I leave them outside on the picnic table in the shade.
    At night, they go inside the van, with the extension cord fed through the back window.
    Since the temperature goes fairly chilly at night, the cooler chills about 20 degrees cooler than the outside ambient air.
    We wake up to some really cold juice and milk!
    Anybody else use these, and do you have any advice, tips to offer?

Howdy Ontariocamper,
    When it gets hot here in southern Nevada, I head for the hills. There in the hills, bears have been known to break in to autos to get at food. I haven't had any problems with bears but have you? I haven't had any experience with the electric coolers you've mentioned, but I just thinking since you live up north, there may be more grizzilies about than in the hills(Grand Teton NP) that we have down here. Bears may look dumb, but they ain't really, some of 'em are as start as 4th graders; I bet they could do math if one trained 'em? Have any ever broke your camp to get food out of those electric coolers?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

We haven't had any problems with bears ourselves, but there was one that wandered through 2 adjacent sites in the middle of the day.
      But going back 30 years, my brother, his friend and I went camping......stupid us left out a pot of beans and some butter tarts........the bear just loved them!

Here is a map with our location......we are about 1/8 south of Sudbury.
      3.5 hours north of Toronto.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?near=grundy+lake+provincial+park&q=map&f=p&bt nG=Search+Maps&rl=1

Find the green arrow.

Comment

Howdy Ontariocamper,
        Thanks for sharing! Couldn't find the green arrow but it looks like it's mostly wilderness to me. Your winters must be very long? I've camped in the middle of Minnesota when I last visited my youngest son & his wife and they tell me they have cold weather 8 months out of every year. Well, in southern Nevada, Las Vegas to be exact we too have four seasons: fall, June, July & August for 8 months of the year.:rolleyes:
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
        X