Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum & new to camping!

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forum here & and I'm new to camping. I want to start camping but I'm just a single guy.

So what do I need to know? besides the basics of coarse?

I have a fly rod, I got a back pack, I need a tent, and a cooking gear.

but the I'm still a in search of friends and I hope to find some when I start college.

My cooking site!

Howdy Chili Chef,
    Like I said in another post to your thread question, Rome wasn't built in a day. Start small with the basics, a small tent, good boots, etc. So where are you going to college? How long have you been fly fishing? There is good info here and since you're a member now look around the site and check out the member's tab. As we talk towards one another, others may chime in and lend more good info. No one will steer youi wrong. Welcome aboard!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thank you Vagas, I will do what I can when I'm in college!

which starts June 12th by the way and I think my life will be changed for ever after that date, In a good way!
      My cooking site!

Comment

Howdy Chili,
        So are you attending a chef school? I have two sons and both are chefs? One lives in Chaska, MN and the other lives here in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
          Howdy Chili,
          So are you attending a chef school? I have two sons and both are chefs? One lives in Chaska, MN and the other lives here in Vegas.
          Hi Vagasdesertfox, I will be attending 2 cooking classes in the fall shedule , but the summer class is a photography class so I can learn about d-slr camera's, Right now I'm using a D-SLR camera which is prettu good but they want us to learn on an analog camera.
          My cooking site!

Comment

Howdy Chili,
            Great, lets move off of this thread...it is just for saying hi. I'm a retired pro photog myself. To communicate privately here because this is a camping forum go to the members page and see if one has been started for you...it takes a couple of days and at least 5 posts. We can chat that way easier if you want to chat about photography or even cooking? I sent you a pm(private message).
            Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-02-2009, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
              Howdy Chili,
              Great, lets move off of this thread...it is just for saying hi. I'm a retired pro photog myself. To communicate privately here because this is a camping forum go to the members page and see if one has been started for you...it takes a couple of days and at least 5 posts. We can chat that way easier if you want to chat about photography or even cooking? I sent you a pm(private message).
              No problem, vegasdesertfox I remember my first camping experience that last 7 day's and it was fun except for the last 2 days, that's when the the hot weather got over 110 degrees.
              My cooking site!

Comment

Working...
              X