Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about campsite booking every year

Hi,
    I have a question for campers of all levels - beginners to seasoned.
    Do you have trouble finding and booking the campsites? What do you use to make campsite booking easy instead of going to every site and looking for availability? If there was a solution to make the campsite booking easy for campers with various requirements, would you use it? What other things would you like to see in such a solution?
    Thank you in advance for your feedback/suggestions.

Trouble booking campsites???
    No, I don't have trouble; because I don't consider going to places that rent a numbered driveway or pad.
    When I camp its as far from people and "civilization" as I can comfortably get with a four wheel drive vehicle... when there is no cell or WI-fi signal you are getting close.

There are as many ways to camp as there are people, however; find the one that you like and just do it.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Happy Joe; 09-24-2022, 06:35 AM.
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Trouble booking campsites?
      I never experience trouble on camping sites. I always do to book ahead of time. And also, I joined every camper group so I could see an announcement of some campsites. I always love traveling and camping here: https://wildkamp.ph/campsites/Batangas

Comment

I prefer dispersed camping for the exact reasons you're highlighting. When I need to book and more conventional campsite I end up with tons of tabs open in my browser, trying to finagle the best spot in an area.

Comment

There is not a site for all campgrounds. We use the Allstays Camp & RV app to find campgrounds and they go to the reservation site from there. We prefer National Parks and National Forests when possible. Recreation.gov for that. Some states use their own websites. In California you can up the dates you would like to visit and they will send you an email when sites are available. Some states use Reserve America. Most private campgrounds have their own system.

Comment

Working...
          X