Improved Guylines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improved Guylines

High winds often wreak havoc on a tarp. Rigid tieouts have no give and can easily lead to grommets ripping out, sometimes at the worst moment like in heavy rain. So... I came up with bungee/paracord lines. Paracord hog ringed to bungee cord, prettied up a bit with some shrink tubing. A few links of chain at the pegged down end to act as a pulley to allow for length/tension adjustments. I use the doubles pictured here on the corners and a single line, front and center, to form a funnel for rain runoff. Add more singles as needed when the wind really kicks up. I came up with these after I almost lost a tarp and had to scramble to put bungees on all the lines. Video of that day at the bottom.

Yet another great MacGyver idea!

Thanx...
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Joe View Post
      Yet another great MacGyver idea!

Thanx...
      Thank you and you're welcome. I'll have to admit that some of my gadgetry winds up adding to my setup time. This one reduced it AND added functionality. A win-win for a change.

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Denni2 View Post
          Great idea!
          Thank you, too!

Comment

I forgot I had this video - from last Fall. Here are the cords in action.

Comment

Working...
            X