Triple by-pass and camping question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple by-pass and camping question

Went under the knife and figuring out what I should or shouldn't do post operative.
    Obviously nothing much until my sternum heals, but afterwards?
    Back packing may or may not be in the cards. Car camping? Maybe.
    Any triple by-pass alumni here? What modifications to your camping routine have you made?

I had a neighbor that had a quad bypass; he had to really limit his physical activity relative to lifting and pulling even after the scars healed up.. We drank a lot of coffee...
    I helped him build a tough shed style shed and he didn't seem to have any problems... he was not into camping/hiking though.

Good luck! Hope the healing goes well and swiftly!

Enjoy!
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

To me, the most important thing with camping is having a way to get help in an emergency. A satelite phone, like a garmin inreach, can do that in areas with no cell service.

Generally, listen to your doctor(s) and follow their recommendations.

Nothing is necessarily off the table, but it depends on your age, general health outside of the heart, your desires, and your heart's health (did you have a heart attack, and if so, was the heart damaged by that; or was the need for the bypass caught before an actual heart attack).

“One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Working...
      X