Hammock camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammock camping?

Who's switched over to a hammock for sleeping? What brand you like. Better than ground sleeping? Been spending a lot of time on a hammock forum. Got me wanting to give it a go!

Re: Hammock camping?

Over the years I have tried about every sleeping situation in the woods (even did a cave once) .
    I find that a Coleman cot with springs around the edge and a couple of foam pads gives the best sleeping surface so far.
    I believe that I still have a couple of hammocks in long term storage from when I was a back pack camper (one purchased in a small village in Panama S.A.).

Many folks prefer hammocks; I say give it a try and see if you like it.

Enjoy!
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Awhile in the past we spent 2 weeks at a nation park on Center Hill lake. Built at the side of a steep hill and other tent cot, we parked on a wooden pad that jutted out over the angled hillside.
      Last edited by lojsdghdfe; 06-30-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I personally prefer hammock camping because i think ir is safe as long as your hammock is set up properly and a few basic precautions are taken. In fact, in some instances, hammock camping can actually be safer than traditional tent-style camping

Comment

I think it depends on the weather. If you have real cold air above and below it's going to get chilly.

Comment

Working...
          X