Camping 2021 goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping 2021 goals

What goals do you have for 2021? (test out new gear, a new park, a new recipe?)

Re: Camping 2021 goals

Prime goal; to get friends together for group camping at least every major holiday.

Gear goal; expand the large (stand up) tent to include a porch, with overhead lighting.

Secondary goal, get decent mud tires on the jeep.

... still looking at high capacity lithium camping/tent batteries... and roof mounted, flexible solar panel power (they pack smaller than hard panels, however they are more fragile)...

Ongoing; accumulate games (chess and backgammon, so far) along with assorted tavern puzzles for inclement weather (and inebriate entertainment) activities. Newest acquisition = a soma cube;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soma_cube

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Happy Joe; 12-24-2020, 08:55 AM.
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

My 2021 goals are pretty much to do everything that was cancelled in 2020. *Hopefully*
      - still working to camp at every state park in Wisconsin
      - continue to camp at least once a month (starting my 6th year of this)
      - start & finish constructing my tarp

Comment

My first goal is just to get the hell out there. Covid hasn't been the problem - health and weather has been beating me all to hell. Turns out I'm not 25 anymore and doctors are my new hobby. Then, just when I'm up to a trip, I see the forecast and it's rain, rain, gale force winds, rain and more rain. Setting up in the rain is a pain so I won't do it. I'm going to try to squeeze in a New Years trip. My extended family is a half hour away from the park so I'll be able to camp, go see my peeps then head back to the woods. There's supposed to be just enough break in the rain so I can get set up. After that, I don't care how wet it gets. Breaking down in rain isn't all that great either, but with the big tarp up, I can make it work.

Equipment goals are the same as they always are - buy more gadgets and reorganize the Pelican cases to keep things manageable.

Comment

...I hear you on the age and doctor thing! (most recently, yesterday, I included the dentist; broke another tooth)...

Some our best trips in inclement weather were a result of setting up a canopy, with fabric walls (and a heater), then partying inside... beats the heck out of sitting around a soggy campfire ring, or under a tree, with rain/snow gear on...

Enjoy!

(edit) ... thanx... need to get a game and puzzle case (and squeeze it into the load somewhere).

(Edit, Edit) does any one know if mancala is fun?
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mancala
          ... 2 more puzzles due Sunday (snake cube and a multi/interlocking ring "coaster")...
          Last edited by Happy Joe; 12-30-2020, 02:14 AM.
          2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
          For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
          Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Mancala is a good game. Been years since I played it, but I do recall it not being as simple as it looks. Lots of strategy.

AND... on the trip side of things YET ANOTHER DAMN TRIP DOWN THE TUBES. They're calling for 1/2 inch of ice on the roads in western Maryland. Not exactly good when you're talking winding mountain roads. Mother******...

Comment

Icy roads; I HATE icy roads...
              About the only fair (not great) solution to icy roads is studded tires or chains; Siped tires help, electronic anti skid & traction control help more.

No close calls yet this season (crosses fingers) ...though 4WD did not help get me up the last bit of slipperyness (had to back up and go around).

Spring is on the way and 2020 is nearly done (thank goodness!).

Enjoy!
              Last edited by Happy Joe; 12-31-2020, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Meanwhile back to goals;
                I'm going to try to get camping at least once a month (after memorial day) in state.
                And make at least one trip to Moab Utah this spring or fall (much nicer temperatures than summer).. four wheeling and (off road) bicycling heaven. The arches national park is just a bit north of town.
                https://www.nps.gov/arch/index.htm

... normally camp on BLM land that takes 4WD to get to... though occasionally I camp at one of the commercial campgrounds... depends mostly on who I am with and how prepared they are for rough camping.

Enjoy!

Comment

I hear you on the doctor stuff. From November 2016 until September 2019, I had appts pretty much every month. Fortunately, retirement took care of the worst of the health issues - stress created most of them. Now I'm stable and healthy. Just need to lose my COVID weight.

At this point my goals are:
                  1. fence and gate driveway to protect campers
                  2. replace clipper tires
                  3. replace cut intake fuel hose on clipper
                  4. go camping
                  5. finish clipper ceiling repair and paint

I just got my stimulus check so was able to purchase my new flojet macerator (old one was stolen), cordless tool kit, and a bunk ladder.

Once I get the first three items done, I will take the clipper camping. It will be Cat-dog and the bird's (still haven't identified her screenname) first camping trip. The Twoony are now my seasoned campers and are so ready to go out.

I do want to do a trip to Lassen National Park this year.
                  “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Wish you all the best.

Comment

just want to explore new camping places. i have selected camping tent from https://travelingandfood.com/best-te...h-screen-room/ now just want to enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                      X