Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to hink about Christmas, black friday, sales etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to hink about Christmas, black friday, sales etc...

My grandmother was very hard to buy for. I started sending her a pretty bouquet for every holiday. She enjoyed the fresh flowers and loved not having more stuff.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I was using tidy cats scoopable litter for my last cat; it made litter box chores much easier. Never really had ammonia or litter box smell issues... just a matter of checking the box whenever I made a trip to the bathroom myself.

Enjoy!
      2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
      For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
      Ground tents work best for me, so far.
      Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

I've used everything. I am so much happier with the Petsafe. It's pretty cheap too. I get 2 boxes (4 bags) a month. Lightweight.

I am actually looking forward to using it camping and see how it compares to tidy cat (I used that at Death Valley).
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Between the threat of dogs and other critters (not to mention the possibility of just wandering off in a new & interesting environment), I never took my cat(s) camping.

Enjoy!
          2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
          For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
          Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

I never did before the Twooney. When Looney 1 showed up at my house, he made it very clear he would not be happy home alone, even overnight. So, I decided to try out camping with a cat. He took to it like a duck to water. He wears his harness with ID tag, is microchipped, and always uses his leash or is tethered to the camper when outside.

Three months later Looney 2 showed up. I couldn't go back on taking Looney 1 camping, so Looney 2 learned how. He has all the same precautions.

They did great in Death Valley. I could leave them in the camper during the day with the parrot while the dogs and I explored. Then in the evenings and mornings, I'd take them out on their leashes. Looney 1 preferred evenings, Looney 2 preferred mornings.

Now that Looney 2 has grown up, he has become a bit more skittish around people. And his body shape makes it easy for him to back out of his harness (Looney 1 never does). So, I invested in a nice pet stroller. The Twooney enjoy riding around in it and the parrot perches on the top.
            Last edited by toedtoes; 12-05-2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stare Down.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	71238. This is Looney 1 in Death Valley - he saw a kit fox (double light at the upper right) and was prepared to take it down.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lion of the Desert Rework.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	71239This is Looney 2 in Death Valley. He was only 6 months. I cloned out his harness and leash for aesthetic reasons.

With them being camping cats, it keeps me from having "kitten cravings" and wanting to take in another - three camping cats is too many. Having two works well because they love each other and keep one another company.
              Last edited by toedtoes; 12-08-2020, 08:02 PM.

Comment

I get an"invalid link message when clicking on the attachments...

Joe

Comment

sorry. Should work now.

Comment

...Ahhh... kitty pics; Thanx!

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                    X