Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it because of Covid-19?

Re: Is it because of Covid-19?

I don't know, but The Twoony loved it! They went searching for that damn bug.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
      I don't know, but The Twoony loved it! They went searching for that damn bug.
      LOVE it! I used to torment my cats with a cricket ring tone.

Comment

I always played Meowy Christmas for prior cats - it was a blast to watch the cats searching for that "new cat by the speaker".

With The Twoony, I don't need to play recordings. We have stray cats that come around to the porch so The Twoony sit and watch for them.

Loony2 (aka The Cat in Training) is a TV watcher. At bedtime, he will come lay with me (both our heads on the pillow and my arms around him) and watch animal shows. Last night we watched a documentary on European snakes - did you know that if it has eyelids it's a lizard not a snake???
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Ive been working.
          “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
          – E. B. White

Comment

...I have't...really.
            Life has turned booooring.
            Have been thinking about getting another cat, not really sure if I want to deal with the fur, hair balls etc. though.

Enjoy!
            2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
            For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
            Ground tents work best for me, so far.
            Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

The van has been at the dealers for a couple of weeks getting work done an we are staying close to home when camping due to COVID. The campgrounds have been crowded when we did get out. The last trip it rained the whole time and I was happy to have a dry place to cook.

Comment

I'm heading out in a week for a solo trip (well...solo with a dog). I'm going during the week...so with school back in session I'm hoping for a less busy/crowded experience. It was just too crazy and crowded the past couple of months. Since Summer isn't my favorite season to camp...it was easy to wait it out a bit. I am looking forward to getting out there....
                2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
                Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

All my big camping adventures have been cancelled. Most of this year has been camping in the back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Joe View Post
                    ...I have't...really.
                    Life has turned booooring.
                    Have been thinking about getting another cat, not really sure if I want to deal with the fur, hair balls etc. though.

Enjoy!
                    The Twoony say you need a cat. It will keep life from being boring... The Cat Gods have spoken, so shall it be.

Comment

Mine too.

Comment

Stuck at home more than 7 months and struggled to wear face masks initially at roaming. Then it became a habit . May be this year's ffashion Icon is Face masks !!

Comment

My respirator lives in the vehicle. It only gets worn when I exit the vehicle away from home.

Enjoy!
                          2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                          For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                          Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                          Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Originally posted by melvinjoe View Post
                            Stuck at home more than 7 months and struggled to wear face masks initially at roaming. Then it became a habit . May be this year's ffashion Icon is Face masks !!
                            Yep. I have decided to "splurge" and buy a Cardinals face mask since they don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Welcome to the forum btw
                            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                            – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Joe View Post
                              My respirator lives in the vehicle. It only gets worn when I exit the vehicle away from home.

Enjoy!
                              I do the same. The only problem I have is when we take the wife's car or I go to lunch with coworkers and I don't drive.
                              – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
                              X