My dog died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dog died

Last Saturday I took my dog to the vet because she was not eating much and was breathing funny. They told me she had a large tumor. We put her to sleep. She was only about seven. I miss her. She was my camping buddy.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20171026_135243.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	73019Click image for larger version

Name:	20160904_082619.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	73017

Peaceful journey Puppy.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20160905_064854.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	73018
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Re: My dog died

Sorry to hear this...
    You have my condolences...
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

This is such sad news!

My last cat stopped eating suddenly and when I took him in they said he was in organ failure. The blood work showed he had such little oxygen in his blood that they suspect he had bone cancer from birth. He didn't even make it to the 2nd shot. He died in my arms. He was 1.5 years old. I was heartbroken.

A month later, I adopted my current kitty, Kizme. Turns out.... Kizme LOVES the outside and he hikes and camps with me! Kizme just turned two years old.

Thanks for giving a dog such a good life. I pray you find peace and maybe be able to find a new camping partner.

Comment

I'm so sorry James!
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I’m so sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved pet is like losing a child. She looks like a happy girl in the photo.

We lost our Daisy a year ago. She was the perfect camping dog, she loved to hike and she almost never barked.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this James. Our pets become so much a part of our lives, it really hurts when they are gone.

Comment

Always sorry to hear of the loss of a companion... We humans are odd creatures. Bringing these balls of fur into our lives, knowing we're signing up for some heartbreak down the road. But that doesn't stop us from doing it again and again. Remember your friend and all the good times you shared. Then, when the time is right, open your heart to another friend that needs the good life!

Comment

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your fur buddy. It is a painful loss. Thoughts to you.
                2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
                Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone. She was a rescue from the pound and had (I believe) anxiety that made her a little aggressive but she loved us and just wanted us to love her. God help anyone that might have broken into the house. I always felt bad that I was never able to help her get over that. We found out after bringing her home that she was not only scheduled to be put down the day after we adopted her but she had been saved by donations twice before that.
                  “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                  – E. B. White

Comment

You gave her the best life she could have for as long as she lived. You can't do any better for any furry friend you bring into your home.

Comment

She looks a bit like my Batdog. I had her dna tested: shepherd, chow, sharpei, beagle, boxer, corgi, and german shorthair. The only surprise was the shorthair.

Batdog has people issues also. Some comes from the chow and sharpei (they can both be aggressive), some is "corgi rage", and some is beagle intensity. And it was triggered by a vet who had no dog sense and did everything wrong during her 1 year check up. The shepherd makes her very much a one-person dog.
                      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Very sorry to hear about your pooch. I hope you get another one and can give the gift of a good life to another deserving dog.

Comment

My deepest condolences. It always hurts to lose a fuzzy friend, but you can also take comfort in remembering the good times you shared and the knowledge that you gave them a good, fulfilling life.
                          Where we've camped so far (as an adult...many more when I was a kid :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Malamute View Post
                            Very sorry to hear about your pooch. I hope you get another one and can give the gift of a good life to another deserving dog.
                            Originally posted by caheaton View Post
                            My deepest condolences. It always hurts to lose a fuzzy friend, but you can also take comfort in remembering the good times you shared and the knowledge that you gave them a good, fulfilling life.
                            Thanks to you both. My wife has said no new dogs (we still have two). I think mostly because Scully was kind of an asshole. But she loved me to death and like I said was my camping buddy. She was always so excited to go camping and was almost a different dog when in the forest.
                            – E. B. White

Comment

Well, you arent entirely dogless, but if they arent camp dogs, its not quite the same. Its great to have a companion roaming the hills and woods. its a different sort of bond. I like to think back into the distant past, of all the dogs and people out exploring, hunting, roaming, adventuring together. About any walk is a grand adventure to a dog, they could easily be stalking mammoths or cave bears out around the neighborhood, but they still seem to appreciate the true grand adventures.

Comment

Working...
                              X