Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did you first fall in love with camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When did you first fall in love with camping?

Originally posted by Joyous56 View Post
    Ha, ha, I agree. I think at least one of the cabins had a microwave. It's nice to have a refrigerator, but a couple cabins have stoves; I prefer cooking over a fire.
    I'm with you on that too. Fire makes it better. I was gifted a tri-pod cooking grate a few years ago and LOVE the stupid thing. I get the Kroger (store brand) Peppercorn Pork Loin and butterfly cut it, throw it on the grate....soooo good.

“I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

I started camping with my family since I was 10 years old. In the summer time my parents had taken us out to the forest for vacation. It was great time we spent all together. We made such trips every years till my 16.

Then I stop doing this for a years. Only when I met my wife I continued to go camping. I'm lucky, she also loves to spend vacation far from the city, some where in the wood or near the lake and do fishing. Now we go camping with our children often in summer.

Comment

My family too, camped a lot when I was a child. Nothing fancy; we had two big heavy canvas tents (Don't touch the roof when it's raining!!), a coleman stove, the required pots and pans, coleman cooler - just the basics. 15 years later, my husband and I bought our own camping equipment and camped together. After we divorced, I got to keep the camping equipment (yay!). Then, when our son was old enough, we started camping again. We took his friend and traveled around Georgian Bay in Canada, and it was great. When he got older and didn't want to camp with his mom anymore, there was another 15 year gap until I found a friend who also liked to camp. We tented for a few years until we realized that cabining worked better. I loved tenting, and I'm disappointed that I can't tent anymore, but NYS has a number of parks with cabins, and we still enjoy all the benefits of being outdoors with silence and the stars, and opportunities to walk and explore and see the sunset and sunrise without all the lights and clamor of civilization. That's good. The only thing better would be to live that way.

Comment

Dad first took me camping as a kid, and we did some fishing and squirrel hunting. It was a spot on a river close to where he grew up. We had a big canvas cabin tent, very oldschool. A psin to set up and take down, but lots of room.
          Later, I began camping by motorcycle, using small one or two man tents. I did multistate roadtrips, and we stayed at motorcycle specific campgrounds. Great fun! We'd ride the trails, then get back to camp for a get together and dinner. Had a lot of fun.
          A little later, I helped a buddy set up a local ride&camp at a YMCA camp that was closed during the winter. Eventually I ended up ramrodding it when he moved. The YMCA camp was sold, so I found a family campground near the Nation Forest that was perfect for us. This gave the campground owners much appreciated income during their downtime, and our northern riders could enjoy trail rides when they'd normally put their bikes away for the winter. Down here, winter is the best camping season - no heat, not bad cold, no bugs!
          Eventually that ended, and I have done little camping since. Health problems keep me from tent camping. So, I am slowing converting a van into a camper. Eventually, I'll enjoy camping again.
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I always have lots of love for camping. If you are wanted to know about real falling first love during camping then I have a memory to tell. Because of a lack of guide and experiences I didn't well in my first three camping trip.

But last year we 6 friends planned for camping in Kentucky. And the place was Kentucky Horse Park Campground. And it was my first love for camping in Kentucky Horse Park. There are lots of reasons why I loved this camping trip so much.
            1. Love the natural beauty.
            2. Got so much fun during the tent setting.
            3. Performed lots of fun activities.
            4. Chilling at night
            5. Funny cooking time.
            6. And overall the facilities of the campground

So for that beautiful camping memory, camping is now my of the purest

Comment

Working...
            X